In need of a new direction

I'm at a standstill as far as Cuban purchases lately. I'm still pretty new to the cigar world and I'm definitely very much new to the CC world. I've recently fallen in love, though.

Singles I've had that I enjoyed:

• Hoyo de Monterrey Epicure No. 2
  • Bolivar Belicosos Finos
  • H. Upmann Magnum 50
  • H. Upmann Half Corona
  • Partagas Short
  • Montecristo No. 3
  • Por Larranaga Petit Corona

Ones I've bought full boxes of:

• HdM Epi 2
  • Upmann HC
  • Party Short
  • PLPC

Where should I go from here? I'm really enjoying the HdM Epi 2s, HUHCs, and Party Shorts, but unsure of where I want to branch out from here. I'm thinking a box of Bolivar BFs, since I don't have a full box of those, but I'd like some singles that will continue to show me some varying flavor profiles out of the ordinary.

Thanks for any and all suggestions!

I notice a disturbing lack of Ramon Allones in your list, perhaps they would be worth a look

• Like 4

I would get the HQ sampler pack if still available, last year's March HQ sampler was THE best purchase I made last year, and I also think you need some RA in there, also maybe branch out in the less popular marcas.

• Like 1

I would search out a Connie A if possible and the HURR. Both are smoking very well. The Connie As that I have had were tremendous for such a young cigar.

As for PCs, give the SCdLH El Principe and Boli PC a try, both are fantastic and have become a staple in my winter rotation.

Get a sampler from Rob

Also, pick up some Bolivar Petit Coronas and a Partagas Variety!

I would suggest you purchase a PSP or HQ box of Robustos (HURR or RASS) and a box of Double Coronas (HDMDC or Partagas Lusis) from our host. These combined with what you already have will give you a good selection of cigars based on the time you have to smoke. However, a sampler pack is ALWAYS a great choice when you are new to CC.

Basically you have so far done the right thing by trying a few here and there

and then go for a box of what you like -

as others have suggested, the samplers are a good way to explore further

and you take it from there spotlight.gif

Cheers,

Alex

• Like 1

RASS. There are a handful of other cigars that I could definitely recommend, but RASS seems almost a universal staple. It's a sweet, medium bodied cigar that carries some of the better traits of other brands. It's budget friendly, and if you didn't like them (which I highly doubt), they have such a huge following that I'm sure guys would trade with you so you could try something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more with the suggestions above. I picked up last month's may sampler. Of the 12 sticks recommended. I tried the RASS first. One word, marvelous.

That May sampler Rob had last month had a lot of great cigars that are smoking well right now. I would grab one of those.

Partagas D4's and Punch Punch and RASS are three nice cigars smoking well right now but I am sure T least 2 of the 3 are in the sampler.

You liked all those singlea. Is it your intention to not buy boxes of all that you liked?

Buy all boxes. The only real direction is whether you should buy one box at a time or two at a time?

Try skinny and try small. Come to the dark side. You wont regret it....

Three years in and I'm starting to get irritated by all the aged Churchills and DCs I bought clutttering up my humidor. Need to make space for more lanceros, lonsdales and petit coronas!

• Like 1

Three years in and I'm starting to get irritated by all the aged Churchills and DCs I bought clutttering up my humidor.

Oh that is such and easy problem to solve! cigar.gif

Royal Robusto, Trini Reyes and and RASS or PSD4 will broaden horizons pleasantly

It can be kinda fun to work your way through a specific vitola; like focus on robustos or corona grandes. Get a box of Punch Punch, MdM Epi 1, Cohiba IV, etc. Mix in anything else of course, but it is interesting and educational.

Try skinny and try small. Come to the dark side. You wont regret it....

Three years in and I'm starting to get irritated by all the aged Churchills and DCs I bought clutttering up my humidor. Need to make space for more lanceros, lonsdales and petit coronas!

Let me know if you want to lighten up your church or DC stores...