Cigar Disasters - what's yours?

Was in the garden this morning enjoying a lovely 2008 Cohiba Magico with my coffee.

I got up to answer the the phone, putting my mug of coffee on the ground and leaving the cigar on the seat of the bench.

Got back to find the cigar bobbing around in my coffee.

Bugger.

Last Friday was the most recent. I was enjoying a HDM Epi No. 2 during the weekly yard work. Had just finished edging a was on my first pass with the lawn mower and bam...ran over poor little Epi with the mower.

Evidently, that wonderful cool breeze was just enough to blow my cigar off my Stinky Tray and on to the table and then to the lawn.

RIP Epi. Sorry to have mangled you so.

I was working in the garage and I had just lot up a 95 Cohiba Lanero. 4 or 5 draws in, my Terrier wanders over and startles me. I swing my head around and the cigars smacks against a ladder that was hanging on the wall. Wrapper unravels, cracks down the side, and the dog is smiling wagging her tail. What could I do???

I laughed and lit up another one.

My birthday. One essay due day of. One physics final i didn't study for that i was cramming really hard for.

That day had originally planned for the Cifuentes Cristales Tubos.

That plan got dwindled down to an RA 898.

And that plan got dwindled down to La Corona PC for the sake of time.

With all these let downs, i ended up forgetting my cigars at home as i rushed out the door to meet the study group.I had to settle for a small Exquisitos from '06. And during my little 1 hour lunch break, i was really enjoying it. Half way in and i thought to myself: "know what? It's a bloody good cigar for my birthday. All things considered." I was idling in a nice semi-clouded park

I was startled by something (that i honestly can't remember) and bam:

4u9asube.jpg

What the hell did that land in? :/

I know that isn't too big of a cigar that was lost. But relatively speaking on what i originally planned, it was a humorous end to my cigars for a while...

My Monte 2's went moldy for the 3rd time recently, And some LE 520's. Humidor spiked while i was over seas.

I bought a cheap and cheerful box of Quintero Pantelas to get me through being overseas too.. Figured I'd just use a tupador with a wet cloth.. smoked 2 before they went really soggy and moldy, some lovely shades of green and blue. Watched the whole open box burn in the old pizza oven, it was a strange feeling.

Last year I was smoking one day a a stellar aged Siglo IV. I was smoking it in my yard and I had to go inside to answer the phone. For some reason I had put it down on a table. Right below the table was a plastic-lined pot. Well when I got back it had fallen in the pot and burnt the inside lining. Tried smoking it but unfortunately all i got was an awful plasticy/rubbery burnt taste. Horrible waste of a cigar.

I normally wear glasses. Last year I received a blind taste challenge cigar from Captain Quintero which of course was unbanded. I snipped the end, popped into the kitchen to pour a coffee, removed my specs, came back to the cigar, picked it up .... and torched the wrong end. Cigars do smoke from the wrong way, but not very well, and with the leaf arse upwards the blind challenge was kaput.

Fortunately Greg was understanding and sent another ... which I got wrong anyway.

Had a few mates around one night (I was the only one smoking) and I started the night with an Epi 2. Very nice.

About 4 Long Island Iced Teas later I thought I'd light up a Behike 54.

I then, for some unknown reason, put the lit end in my mouth and couldn't figure out what was going wrong with it. In some fit of stupidity I then threw it on the floor. My mouth now tasted of ash and my stogies was rolling of the deck onto the ground downstairs.

I blame the rum in my 4 previous drinks.

That is the last time I get really drunk and smoke at the same time!

Wanted to do some long-exposure photography so I grabbed my camera, tripod, and some cigars and went out. After setting everything up I wanted to cut and light a H. Upmann Royal Robusto, which I hadn't smoked in a while and really looked forward to. But being the social media **** I am, I thought the set up was Instagram worthy so I took this picture:

post-6983-0-06036800-1400582778_thumb.jp

While choosing a filter and some catchy hashtags the wind and karma swept in and this happened:

post-6983-0-48852900-1400582785_thumb.jp

Learned my lesson about priorities, cigars safety first!

• Like 3

I was smoking my first RASS and was in October of this past year. I was outside by my fire pit and was tearing up some old cardboard boxes and wasnt paying attention and apparently I ripped a box and it came up and hit the cigar and busted it open almost down the middle. Sad part is It was on one side I didnt see and when I went to re light I saw it!, needless to say I smoked through it! haha

Had my extended family over to visit me in Atlanta back in the day. My 2 year old niece whom where the word "Everything" was not a big enough word to describe all she got into, I had discovered too late had made it to one of my humidors. I got there just in time to observe my very last and now discontinued Fonseca Invictos perfecto being crumbled up and destroyed in her eager, exploring little fist. Yeah, I had to sniff back a few tears but well - life must go on...sleep.png

Golf outing with 15 of my friends open the trunk of my car an put my ziploc on the back window in the ziploc was opus x #2 and PLPC as I was telling my buddy I can't wait to light up I Close to truck an the corner of the ziploc is peeking through Space between the trunk and rear window my buddy look at an said let see if they sell cigars in the clubhouse I smoked a macanudo wasn't happy that day