The Cubans are finished!

Wow, I can imagine how much instinct went into that, considering all the wonderful cigars you've rolled between your fingers while smoking.... What a wonderful life experience, it doesn't hurt to ask!

In Grenada in Nicaragua I was walking around and saw Mombachos Cigars. At night it was closed so I made a note to come back to it, just thinking it was a normal shop.

The next day spent a few hours out in the kayak around a few small islands on Lake Nicaragua. And returned for a shower etc and then went to the shop as it was only a two minute walk from the hotel.

I was impressed to find it's not just a shop but a factory! I found a guy that speaks English and asked uni could be shown around. 10 bucks for a bit of a tour. No worries. He shows me the leaf rooms and cigar aging rooms etc nothing to write home about. Then I was watching cigar rollers and of course I had to ask to try rolling. The bloke thought about it then said yeah ok. I was ******* excited!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947000.283063.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947012.783164.jpg

So I sat down and picked a binder leaf to place in the table. Grabbed a leaf, think it was seco, then used that as the plate so to speak. Then grabbed what I think he called abijo leaf not sure. Rolled two leaves and put them next to each other in the seco. Then grabbed the ligero and folded that up and put in the middle. Bunched the leaves up a bit then tore the tops and bottoms off. Apparently the longer of the off cuts so to speak get out in the top of the cigar and the shorter bits you tear off go on the bottom. I just followed instructions.

Then came the roll. Thumbs holding the binder and all fingers squeezing the tobacco in as you roll. Release pressure and go again to make it tight as required. The roller couldn't believe I've never rolled a cigar before. He reckons it was perfect, anyone interested in Mus cigars? Freshly rolled in the dirtiest thighs known to man, hey you can't get aids twice right? Into the mould it went for a press. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos if me in this process.

Then after removal from the mould it was wrapper time. Wrapper was easy, it's surprising how much water goes into it to make it nice and supple to work with. First leaf I cut too thin and it want going to cover the cigar, whoops! Second shot was good. And out the single cap on.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947097.149511.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947119.199642.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947135.399992.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947157.666214.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947173.549603.jpg

The end product.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947187.550058.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947200.067024.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1399947212.132949.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow look at you Mus!!! congrats on a fine looking cigar...now did you get to smoke it after?