Cuban Cigar Website Collection Management Feature

Trevor2118, on 13 Mar 2014 - 06:34 AM, said:

A iPhone app has been developed....it just has to have the Collection Management Feature added to it.

Of cause I have an Android innocent.gif

Any Andriod app writers out there...if so, please contact Alex.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As some of you may have noticed I’ve been adding a collection management feature to CCW over the last couple of weeks. The basic site remains more or less unchanged, but you now have an option to reg

A iPhone app has been developed....it just has to have the Collection Management Feature added to it.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Uptake has been really great - over 100 of you have signed up, and added more than 1000 boxes to the system. By far the most requested feature was an edit functio

Rye, on 13 Mar 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:Rye, on 13 Mar 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:Rye, on 13 Mar 2014 - 06:42 AM, said:

These are awesome new features, and I'm signed up and can't wait to spend some time playing around on it!

Well done gents! smile.png

I'm convinced that this will become the leading management system for Cuban cigars, due to its close integration with the CCW.

Well done Alex. ok.gif

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!! Yes I had to say it is a couple times. Of course now I will be spending even more time on the site than I did already!

I know its been said before, but it can never be said enough: THANK YOU GUYS! The hard work you have put in on this site is one of the best resources if not "The" best resource out there!

How awesome is this!?!? :2thumbs: Just in time as well since Mobile Stogie pro doesn't seem to be maintained anymore. Will give this a whirl ASAP!

I've signed up and can't wait to get home to my collection to start entering the data. Gonna have to wait till the wife goes to bed, though. innocent.gif

Thanks for doing this. I use the website daily, sometimes several times.

• Like 1

Great job and what a spectacular website, thank you Alex for all the hard work 2thumbs.gif, this is really taking it to a whole new level. Hands down the best reference for Cuban cigars on the web and now this, I can't wait to try it out.

Very nice and a great start to what will be a very valuable tool.

Couple of questions/suggestions.

1. How secure is the "Collection" section?

2. A nice feature would be the ability to change the "Date Acquired" so that way the boxes entered into the collection can be accurate.

3. Another idea would be a way to export the info you enter into your collection as well. Perhaps in a database format or excel.

Keep up the great work!

This is great ! THANK YOU ! I'll be patiently waiting for the Android App.

I have started to enter my collection, one thing I cannot find is how to edit an entry after it has been entered without deleting and re-entering. I screwed up and entered a bunch as singles when they were actually boxes, no big deal really. Just wondering if I am missing something.

Another is the acquired date, I don't see anyway to override the day that it is actually entered.

Either way this is just what the doctor ordered !

party.gif

• Like 1

I like it ... pretty easy to use .

one shortfall (so far) ... lets say I have 10 cabs and 6 dress boxes of bolivar petit coronas ... all different date codes .

what do I do now ???

derrek

Enter them separately.

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Uptake has been really great - over 100 of you have signed up, and added more than 1000 boxes to the system.

By far the most requested feature was an edit function which I've now added.

I left this out of the original design because I wanted to encourage people to use the "smoke one" feature rather than just editing their boxes to reduce the number... the smoke one feature is pretty useless at the moment, but if enough people use it then in a couple of years I should have a pretty big dataset and will be able to do some pretty cool stuff allowing searches for cigars with particular qualities, or uncovering boxcodes that stand out from the norm for a given cigar and so on. Early days. At any rate, editing is now enabled.

Very nice and a great start to what will be a very valuable tool.

Couple of questions/suggestions.

1. How secure is the "Collection" section?

2. A nice feature would be the ability to change the "Date Acquired" so that way the boxes entered into the collection can be accurate.

3. Another idea would be a way to export the info you enter into your collection as well. Perhaps in a database format or excel.

Keep up the great work!

1. Fairly secure. I designed it so that the only way to see a collection was to be logged in as that member (ie, you can't just throw "member=habano" in the URL or anything). There are no rules around complexity of the passwords, so those are as secure as you choose to make them. They are hashed in the database, however, so even in the unlikely event the database is compromised the passwords won't be.

It's worth noting that the only reason I ask for an email is for the reset mechanism when you forget your password... I don't validate them or anything like that. You're welcome to put any garbage you like in there if you want your account to be anonymous. I don't log IP address or any other identifying information.

I may at some stage add an option for people to make their collections and wishlists public, but this will be strictly on an opt in basis.

2 & 3. After edit, the two most requested features have been an export and an ability to change the acquired date. Next was an ability to order the collection screen by different columns. I'll add all this stuff in the next few days. Export will be in Excel format.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Uptake has been really great - over 100 of you have signed up, and added more than 1000 boxes to the system.

By far the most requested feature was an edit function which I've now added.

I left this out of the original design because I wanted to encourage people to use the "smoke one" feature rather than just editing their boxes to reduce the number... the smoke one feature is pretty useless at the moment, but if enough people use it then in a couple of years I should have a pretty big dataset and will be able to do some pretty cool stuff allowing searches for cigars with particular qualities, or uncovering boxcodes that stand out from the norm for a given cigar and so on. Early days. At any rate, editing is now enabled.

1. Fairly secure. I designed it so that the only way to see a collection was to be logged in as that member (ie, you can't just throw "member=habano" in the URL or anything). There are no rules around complexity of the passwords, so those are as secure as you choose to make them. They are hashed in the database, however, so even in the unlikely event the database is compromised the passwords won't be.

It's worth noting that the only reason I ask for an email is for the reset mechanism when you forget your password... I don't validate them or anything like that. You're welcome to put any garbage you like in there if you want your account to be anonymous. I don't log IP address or any other identifying information.

I may at some stage add an option for people to make their collections and wishlists public, but this will be strictly on an opt in basis.

2 & 3. After edit, the two most requested features have been an export and an ability to change the acquired date. Next was an ability to order the collection screen by different columns. I'll add all this stuff in the next few days. Export will be in Excel format.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.

Fantastic. You've done a wonderful job thus far and your clearly taking it in the right direction.

I will definitely be encouraging the gents on my forum to give this a shot. Truly a wonderful way to keep track and inventory our collections.

What if one wanted to send you a little something for your time and effort to put this wonderful tool together for us, perhaps a fiver or something....how would we go about doing so my friend?

Love the changes, I am definitely a fan!

A minor point - you may want to alter the home page center window, where it says

"Free Site - No Login - No Sales - No Advertising - Regularly Updated"

to maybe not include the "No Login" bit now - it may confuse new visitors to the webpage!

That said - I am a fan and will definitely be using this new feature!

What if one wanted to send you a little something for your time and effort to put this wonderful tool together for us, perhaps a fiver or something....how would we go about doing so my friend?

Cash donations toward the upkeep of the site are always welcome via the PayPal link - http://www.cubancigarwebsite.com/about.aspx#Donations

If you're more comfortable with a donation of the combustible variety PM me and I'll send you a mailing address.

A minor point - you may want to alter the home page center window, where it says

"Free Site - No Login - No Sales - No Advertising - Regularly Updated"

to maybe not include the "No Login" bit now - it may confuse new visitors to the webpage!

That said - I am a fan and will definitely be using this new feature!

Fair point: removed.

• Like 1

And the best single source site for CC knowledge gets even better. Congratulations and well done.

Cheers

Thank you guys so much! As humble as my collection is, it still needs some organization. I actually just spent an hour the other day writing it all on a piece of paper so that I could transfer it to a computer file..... Not anymore! Donation to come brothers!

Have always loved the site and this is just icing on the cake. When I get back to my computer in a week ill have to set up a collection. Just inventoried everything...took forever!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk