Do you Snore?

I've got sleep apnea and snore like a freight train if I don't wear my CPAP when I sleep. So for me it doesn't matter if I smoke or not. Although before I had CPAP I would routinely get a punch in the arm for waking my wife up with my snoring every night.

normally I snore only a little bit some times but when I drink beer ,its like a train.In this case I have to change my sleeping

place.Only smoking cigars or cigarettes and by drinking rum or whisky -nothing happens.Funny

I very rarely snore but my gf tells me that I tend to snore when I have had a couple/few drinks. According to her I never snore after smoking a cigar or more that day, unless I have coupled them with alcohol :D

I love this forum so much... Lots of honest and often funny answers..... Well, that's another thing to consider: alcohol.... That could definitely have an affect....

My curiosity is getting the best of me and I actually gave my doctor a call to ask his opinion.... He's very straightforward and says tobacco does have an influence but not nearly as much as weight gain.... Then he reminded me I've gained weight since last year....

I asked him about cigar girth and if that would have an affect and his answer is a fascinating one:

If you have to open your mouth wider to smoke, your entire throat opens up more as well, which could mean the smoke coats more of the throat and could possibly slip into the lungs accidentally versus a cigar that's smaller.... This could cause irritation that could promote snoring....

Alcohol, tobacco, weight gain, and natural physiology of your airways all contribute to snoring. I've always been a mouth breather and snorer since youth. Sleep apnea became an issue, when I wasn't aware of it. Working 12 hour shifts for weeks straight, while living on the road, eventually caught up to me. An accumulation of everything led to issues with depression as well. I know have a CPAP and don't like sleeping w/o it. It's been proven that sleep apnea will cut down on your life expectancy. Heavy snoring should not be taken lightly. You don't have to be overweight to snore either.

I only snore if I'm exhausted. My wife has never heard me snore , so she says but my dog snores like crazy! Wakes me up a couple times a week. But I love him so I just bump him and he quits.

The less I weigh, the less I snore. These days, I only snore when I have a lot of alcohol.

that's me as well. No snoring at all now (cigars no effect), unless (rarely) boozing.

That used to be me. Only snore when fatigued, sleep study initially found nothing and it progressively got worse. Couple times a month I would snap awake and occasionally it felt like the veins in my shoulders and arms were burning and that's when the found it. I wouldn't have gone if I hadn't ran into a old friend who has sleep apnea.