Do you Snore?

There's a "scientific" study that tobacco usage increases the chances of snoring. My wife pointed this out when she discoverd I have begun to snore at night.

So me, being quite inquisitive and with a lot of time on my hands (it's the slow season in my industry) started to document when my wife would complain about loud snoring at night.... and whether or not I had smoked a cigar within 24 hours of this complaint....

Here's what I've discovered and it is quite fascinating:

I don't snore every day. But I do snore if I smoke more than one cigar in the same day.

I also snore if I smoke a ring gauge larger than 50.

If I smoke a smaller ring gauge, I don't snore that night.

so this might seem like a silly, worthless, opinion thread but I'd love to hear if any forum members are snorers and if it started happening after you took up cigar smoking....

I snore. I don't know if it's every night. In my first marriage I was kicked out of the bed at least three times a week for snoring. My wife now is much friendlier and doesn't complain at all. But she also smokes cigars and snores a bit herself.

I snore. I don't know if it's every night. In my first marriage I was kicked out of the bed at least three times a week for snoring. My wife now is much friendlier and doesn't complain at all. But she also smokes cigars and snores a bit herself.

Epic..

I don't know....I'm usually sleeping.

HAHA! smartass, heheheh.... yeah, me too actually, it's my wife that let's me know later, haha!

hmmmm, new wife, ehhhh?....... kidding!

I snore only a small percentage of how bad it used to be. The key was losing 60 lbs.

well, that's a fascinating angle i didn't even realize, I'm actually 30lbs heavier than i used to be.... okay, so keeping the wife, dropping 30lbs is my next test....

I've heard other medical sources that cite the correlation between weight and snoring too.

What about drinking? We usually imbibe when we enjoy a stogie, how does that correlate in this little experiment?

I've heard other medical sources that cite the correlation between weight and snoring too.

What about drinking? We usually imbibe when we enjoy a stogie, how does that correlate in this little experiment?

I snore like a freight train if I self medicate with scotch before bed.

yrs I do. in fact this post is ironic as yesterday my wife recorded me on her iphone of me snoring at 3am. she did it not to record me snoring but to validate a year long suspicion of hers that I have sleep apnea. I did hear myself not breathing for 20 seconds.

I snore only a small percentage of how bad it used to be. The key was losing 60 lbs.

Weight plays a huge factor with me as well. I've found that ~200lbs (about 90kg?) is my threshold. If I'm under that, I hardly ever snore, but if I'm over it by even a few pounds, I snore enough that I get rolled over by the lady most nights. My ideal bodyweight is probably about 180-185, so more motivation to get there...

I've been told I don't actually snore. I'm more of a loud/ heavy breather.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Yes - the 40 pounds I have gained in the last ten years is the cause of my snoring. Leave the robustos alone! They are innocent, and are already blamed for too much! Be aware: bad snoring may be sleep apnea, and should be treated, as it can shorten your life!

I used to snore until I was diagnosed with sleep apnea finally. Since on the CPAP I don't snore and feel like a million bucks in the morning with the energy and enthusiasm throughout the day like I did when I was a teen. No coffee or caffeine needed to start my day.

• Like 1

I used to snore until I was diagnosed with sleep apnea finally. Since on the CPAP I don't snore.

Same here. Being diagnosed and using the CPAP has probably added years to my life. If you have sleep apnea, it is an excellent idea to get that sorted out by a proper sleep clinic.

• Like 1

I have found that my snoring and it's intensity can be correlated to if am over weight, drinking alcohol excessively, smoking many cigars or retrohaling cigar smoke. I find that using a Vic's Inhaler (infrequently) prior to bed helps open up my air passages along with sleeping on my side.