Epi De Luxe

Exact. I splitted a box with a friend; the cigars were gorgeous, oily wrappers + perfect construction. Funnily they are exactly what their name says: a de Luxe version of the Epicure series. They will benefit from a little age but the first third shows some very refined Hoyo flavors. My next purchase.

Seems like I have an affinity with the LCDH releases – Superiores, Royal coronas, now these…

Brought some boxes back from Havana a couple of years ago and enjoy them on a Saturday morning in the summer on the deck with an Americano. Maybe because I'd did that most mornings in Habana that year.

• Like 1

I really REALLY like them. Even though the vitola is definitely not one of my favorites. Now on box #4 :o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

And why are they so good? Recent production HDM 2 have been so good why should I splurge on the de luxe?

The newest Epi 2 I have tried so far was from 2009 so I can't comment on recent production. Both cigars are typical Hoyos, but I find the Deluxe a bit more tangy and fruity. The price difference isn't that huge and they come in 10er boxes so it's not a huge commitment to add one to an order.

Exact. I splitted a box with a friend; the cigars were gorgeous, oily wrappers + perfect construction. Funnily they are exactly what their name says: a de Luxe version of the Epicure series. They will benefit from a little age but the first third shows some very refined Hoyo flavors. My next purchase.

Seems like I have an affinity with the LCDH releases – Superiores, Royal coronas, now these…

Im glad others have had more luck than me. Of the boxes i saw, splitting them would've resulted in one sucker getting a plugged fiver.

Great info here...gonna have to pick up a box or two now. Darnit! ;)

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Im glad others have had more luck than me. Of the boxes i saw, splitting them would've resulted in one sucker getting a plugged fiver.

I can see how it could happen; mine were at the limit: a bit more tobacco and the draw would have been problematic. I don't like this petit edmundo size, but it seems to like me: I've always got a perfect "cuban draw" – slightly resistant.

I can see how it could happen; mine were at the limit: a bit more tobacco and the draw would have been problematic. I don't like this petit edmundo size, but it seems to like me: I've always got a perfect "cuban draw" – slightly resistant.

I have construction issues in general with magicos. Dont know why. The quai dorsay regional were tough on the draw for me.