Siglo II vs Siglo IV

Geez, not sure you could go wrong with either vitola. Personally I tend more towards the coronas and dabble in the Churchills. In the west it seems like anything 'fat boy' robusto is popular and well received, while the petit coronas and marevas might go unappreciated (a close friend recently referred to them as 'girly cigars!' :o ). In the Southeast Asia I find the petit coronas a more favored sizes except for those guys who are trying to emulate some vision of 'Western Billionaire Master of the Universe.'

I got my start on the good 'ol Monte 4, and likely will end up back there when my whims blow me that direction. PC is a great size and such an easy stick to smoke. No fire management required, shorter time needed (helpful in this modern life), makes less of a bulge in your suit pocket, etc.

IV for me here as well...just can't beat the size & flavors it offers. Vanilla & cream mixed in with those classic subtle grass/hay notes. Not only is it the best smoke in the siglo lineup, but its one of the best smokes in the entire marca IMO.

Everyone piping up in here in favor of the Sig IV, do you all agree with Shlomo and his mandatory four years?

Naaaaah, I find it good to go after 2. Really has a nice bridge between green and smooth when the Siglo IV-VI have in the first third when they're 2 years old :)

but that's just me. Had a mate say he hated anything between 1-3 years on em. And wouldn't doubt some blokes here would share the same opinion!

Sent from my BlackBerry Q10 using Tapatalk for Android.

I prefer the IV but also really like the III. The III was what really got me more serious about CC's many years ago and the one I had lots of before really expanding my horizons.

I also prefer the IV, but absolutely never with less than 4 years in your own humidor.

The II is more enjoyable at a younger age and is a really great size as well.

I agree here. The IV is good but it needs lots of time to come into its own. Generally the sig IIs are pretty good ROTT and get better with age. So depending on when you wanna smoke them I'd go with the IIs now or the IVs if you'll toss em in the back of the humidor and forget for awhile.