So it's that time of year again where I want to buy myself some new cigar accessories.

I will confess I do love to get my hands on a new cigar gadget, especially if it looks great and performs well.

Having been smoking cigars for close to 5 years now I know the story of colibri as a brand goes like this..

Great - good - not so great - poor- better

I know there are people still using colibri lighters that are 20 years old but the brand still has it's detractors given their decline in recent years.

However.

I have been following colibri as a manufacturer over the last year or and notice the company has underwent a significant re-brand and reviews of their current gear seem to be positive overall.

I'm interested in buying this:

http://www.cgarsltd.co.uk/monza-jet-cigar-lighter-and-cutter-gift-set-blue-p-13819.html

They have a line of gear called "monza" which has every accessory one could ever want all in a matching colour scheme, which I have to be honest is something I find quite cool. I could have, cutter, lighter, punch and v cutter all in one very slick looking matching set.

Can anybody share their experience with colibri gear? Especially recent stuff?

Many thanks

I love Colibri, and I love their customer service and replacement policy.

I've had Colibri lighters for the past 15 years, at varying stages of thier corporate re-structuring, and they have all be fantastic!.

A few years back, I sent in a 10 year old lighter to them to get a o-ring gasket replaced that had worn out due to the Texas heat sitting in my truck. It had been well worn and used heavily for 10 years. Instead of just replacing the o ring, within 4 days they sent me a Brand New lighter of the same model, just the updated version for free, ALONG WITH THE old lighter which was also repaired.

Great service, Great products and they look great.

I can't comment on the most recent products, but I do have a Colibri Hybrid - soft / jet flame, flint ignition. I've had it for a couple of years, and though it's not my primary lighter, it seems well made, has been reliable, and always lights first roll.

Two "issues" - I'm used to Blazer fuel capacity, so the Colibri capacity lacks in comparison. Secondly, at times it seems the flame height changes between lights even though I haven't changed the adjustment (i've no clue as to why - fuel pressure?). I suppose this is a flaw, but for me it's a minor annoyance.

I had a very classy Colibri torch that lasted me about a year before it finally died. I was quite distraught... I loved the look of that lighter.

I have a VERY similar Colibri cutter in my car. It isn't nearly as sharp as my Xikar, nor as well built.

A friend of mine received a free Colibri torch lighter from one of the big online dealers. It worked for a few months and then gave out.

In my opinion, I'd opt for the slightly more expensive Xikar brand. I have 2 lighters and a cutter that have lasted for years and light consistently.

Have not bought anything recently from Colibri, but they used to be great. Have 3 or 4 that have last 5 to 10 years and still running well, one duck I had I sent back and they replaced it. These days I buy mainly Xikar.

Can't help on the current lighters because I won't buy another based on two pieces of crapola I spent good money on three or four years ago. Both of them fell apart after inconsistent lighting issues. Poor construction and would have been overpriced at $4.

Bought the Jetlite from Walmart recently based on reviews here, but I find the ignition button to be hard on the finger. Takes a good bit of pressure to press and hold it.

I've never had a colibri product before but I must say that the cutter in the link you sent does look pretty sweet.

I recently bought my first Colibri lighter.

Worked great for the first refil. Clogged up after that, and had to spend a good deal of time getting it to work again., Still can't seem to get the flame as high as it used to be though.

I'm not sure what brands of butane gas you have access to in Ireland. Most stores in Australia only stock "Ventti" butane, which I had assumed would be fine. This gas is not suitable for Colibri lighters - do not use it in that lighter, ever.

Apparently Colibri lighters need gas that has been refined at least 4 or 5 times,

I've been using a z plus zippo insert for a few days now and I couldn't be happier with it. Around twenty bucks if you already have zippos to donate shells and you can swap them out for another easily

Worked great for the first refil. Clogged up after that, and had to spend a good deal of time getting it to work again., Still can't seem to get the flame as high as it used to be though.

I'm not sure what brands of butane gas you have access to in Ireland. Most stores in Australia only stock "Ventti" butane, which I had assumed would be fine. This gas is not suitable for Colibri lighters - do not use it in that lighter, ever.

Apparently Colibri lighters need gas that has been refined at least 4 or 5 times,

Don't bother with Venti butane. Go to Supercheap and get Newport butane. Have never had a clog in any of my lighters over the last 10 years, plus the can comes with a bunch of adapters.

Don't bother with Venti butane. Go to Supercheap and get Newport butane. Have never had a clog in any of my lighters over the last 10 years, plus the can comes with a bunch of adapters.

Second this. Haven't had a single clog since I switched to Newport.

My Colibri lighter that I got almost 2 years is finally going out on me, its my fault I left it outside in my vehicle in subzero temps, but I love this thing and will buy another just like it soon. The cutters on the other hand are trash IMHO.

Belmont!

I knew it started with a B lol, been going strong with no issues for 6/7 years now. Hold enough for about 10 lights:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Colibri-of-London-Belmont-Black/dp/B005CHWHUM/ref=sr_1_74?ie=UTF8&qid=1393169899&sr=8-74&keywords=colibri+lighter

They have that set you were looking at too, in multi colours too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=colibri%20lighter%20monza

Can't help on the current lighters because I won't buy another based on two pieces of crapola I spent good money on three or four years ago. Both of them fell apart after inconsistent lighting issues. Poor construction and would have been overpriced at $4.

Bought the Jetlite from Walmart recently based on reviews here, but I find the ignition button to be hard on the finger. Takes a good bit of pressure to press and hold it.

there is a youtube video of how to mod the jetlite, you just need to take it apart and take the spring out and becomes about half the pressure...this reminds me, going to go to walmart and pick up a few more of these. I'm not a fan of cheap stuff but this is one indispensable and reliable lighter I use in addition to my dupont

I only use gas that's been refined 5 times in any lighter, wouldn't use anything less.

I think the feedback so far has been pretty concise. I might buy another ST dupont maxijet, been eyeing up the maxijet in gunmetal.

Ot maybe the chrome maxijet cutter to match my chrome maxijet lighter.

I think im fed up buying cigar accessories that will ultimatley fail me.