Montecristo Double Edmundo: RMS JUL 13: Video Review

El Presidente

Surprising. I've never really had a bad Monte. Will probably try a single down the line...

Interesting point, and my experience as well. Worst Monte's I've ever had just tasted too young/green but never with the harsh bite that I get in other immature cigars. And I'm not generally in love with the Monte profile either, but I've only had well built, respectable smokes from them. Generally I see wider variability in my Hoyos and Partagas.

Just watched the video. Thank you Ken, same with you regarding Edmundo and on this cigar. Certainly could be what you said at 7:25 for those with bad experiences. I was certainly shocked/delighted by the profile and body of the cigar. Agreed with the Euro smokers; An excellent smoke indeed.

This topic is hilarious. DE comes out, everyone hates it, flavor, construction issues etc. Rob picks a good box, reviews it, is a great cigar. Now others are chiming in that it is a great smoke and the initial perceptions are forgotten and everyone wants to revisit.

How is this different than anything else?

baaaa baaaa...

innocent.gif

This topic is hilarious. DE comes out, everyone hates it, flavor, construction issues etc. Rob picks a good box, reviews it, is a great cigar. Now others are chiming in that it is a great smoke and the initial perceptions are forgotten and everyone wants to revisit.

I've been going through old threads and saw everyone doing the same thing with the PE. Nothing new under the sun.

RC

'DE comes out, everyone hates it"

Iin fairness some members enjoyed it. Most didn't. I hadn't had a decent one until the box I selected and the cigars I shared with Ken. I hope I made that obvious in the vid.

Since that time I was in the warehouse and have been asked by many members to find a box just like the one I reviewed.

I found a total of zero after wasting my time for an hour.

I will revisit different boxes over the coming months. I personally don't have high hopes based on the stock I have.

If it was a sharemarket stock I would say "Don't Buy" currently. However that is my opinion.

I would temper judging others on their thoughts towards cigars. God knows I don't. Personally/internally when I read a post I may say "Really?" but I am here to learn/share as much as anyone else.

Of course Rob I was generalizing and it wasn't meant as a slight towards anyone. It was perfectly clear you had to go through stock until you found something you deemed satisfactory and I don't doubt your particular cigars were good. Also wasn't implying that due to your review more people found them enjoyable just pointing out the timeline of events and how our crazy hobby works sometimes with initial and subsequent releases!

Don't see it. Most comments are either about Ken's feet or saying they will try it again - for those who did not like it first time around.

• 2 months later...

Just watching this again as I was thinking of picking some up. Loving the Boss in the background.

Just a note. I find gin and cigars don't go together at all, I get far to much acidity coming through with gin. Similar to white wine. Maybe just me.

Wish Rob had some decent boxes left, don't want to risk a dodgy batch.