Had one of life's milestone type moments this evening.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have two children. Even though they're 33 (son) and 31 (daughter), neither are married yet. My son got engaged New Years eve, and will be married this July in Breckenridge, CO. That's all excitin

Congratulations to both you and your daughter. Personally I believe there are some actions, considered old fashioned or not, that say a lot about the man and what he values. Glad to hear that your daughter has found such a man.

Wow, this is a great story and nice perspective to share (says the guy with no kids who always wonders what it's like) thanks stogielover and congratulations.... Also the RASS and cuba libre comment made me laugh out loud!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing it with us. Sounds like a good guy. I'm hoping he likes cigars. : )

Thanks for all the kind responses and best wishes. I've enjoyed reading every one of them. They've made this experience even more special.

Brad, to answer your question and that of a few more, no, he's not into cigars...yet, but I'll be working on it. His boss, who is mayor of the city where they live, is a cigar fanatic apparantly, so we'll work on him from both sides!

your story made me think of a quote from the movie Wreck it Ralph that my 2 small boys like to watch, you should memorise it & make t part of your wedding speach, toast to the brides mother.

• I'm bad, and that's good........ I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be......... than me.

your story made me think of a quote from the movie Wreck it Ralph that my 2 small boys like to watch, you should memorise it & make t part of your wedding speach, toast to the brides mother.

• I'm bad, and that's good........ I will never be good, and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be......... than me.

LOL. Love it. A good toast while smoking a double corona and sipping a whisky.

Congratulations to you and your son and daughter,I wish them all the best.I got married when I was 21 and in the Army(Germany) my was wife was 18.Nobody on either sid gave us more then 2yrs.Well that was 48 years ago and we proofed them all wrong.As a matter of fact because of their bickering we immigrated to Canada and never looked back.So again congrats and all the best to all of you.

Congrats. Asking for your approval shows great respect and huge huevos! Saying she's his best friend is IMHO very important for their longevity. Glad you think he's worthy of your daughter. Now, have one of your really special CCs and celebrate the moment!