Best robusto

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thinking on robusto box, hard time desiting help me pick up a box!! Ur best robusto any strength any brand!!! Thx

PSD4/RASS or HDM #2. All solid go to robustos. First 2 are strong with spice . The last can be very creamy and is a lot lighter. All 3 are winners

Juan Lopez #2. Great rott.

My Current Favorites in order

H Upmann Royal Robusto

Juan Lopez #2

Hoyo De Monterrey Epicure 2

Partagas D4

I have had bad luck with RASS of late but lots of lovers of this one as well.

So, being that there are a few good ones to pick from, what flavor would you like to have?

HDM2: caramel, chocolate, cream, wood

JL2: powdered cocoa, leather, earth, coffee

Coro: grass, honey, cream

PSD4: spice, earth, rich dark chocolate, caramel

RASS: sugary sweetness, licorice, cream, wood

Just my observations

• Like 1

As for what's smoking well now, the consensus is probably going to be Juan Lopez No 2 and HDM Ep. 2 -- both are great young cigars and 2013 was very very kind to them.

My personal favorite "any season" robusto is the PSD4. My favorite aged robusto is the RASS.

Thx everyone I will buy a box of each lol.. I wish!!

Just get the Sampler from our host here!

Bolivar RC,JL2,and RASS are my top 3.Another great smoke, which I tried only because of the high praise it was given on this blog,is the H.Upmann Connie #1.(Smoked only 2 of these so far but was very impressed.)

From what I have smoked recently I would say:

- HDM Epi2

- Coro (but indeed benefits a lot from a bit of age)

- RASS

- Monte PE

- PL Robusto (RE 2007)

I have been a bit underwhelmed by my box of '12 PSD4.

Probably the best advice would be to get El Prez' sampler as mentioned by Skyfall.

• Like 1

As with any thread asking for recommendations, eventually every single marca is mentioned :rolleyes: Go with what Skyfall said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

As with any thread asking for recommendations, eventually every single marca is mentioned rolleyes.gif Go with what Skyfall said.

Exactly. You must try them all, including the Hermosos No.4 (RyJ Exhib4, SLR Regios, Upmann Connoisseur No.1, VR Famosos and Choix Suprême).

And try them again 6 months/1 year later, when you have more experience, you'll be surprised.

Exactly. You must try them all, including the Hermosos No.4 (RyJ Exhib4, SLR Regios, Upmann Connoisseur No.1, VR Famosos and Choix Suprême).

And try them again 6 months/1 year later, when you have more experience, you'll be surprised.

Don't forget the Monte Robusto! Those 60 dollar gits

Epicure 2 are just dead on. Favorite cigar right now although my 2 year old d4's are just amazing. All of the robustos are excellent except Cohiba robusto. Just don't like the taste of any Cohiba. Trinidad to me is a better cigar. Another cigar that is awesome is the royal robusto.

We need a nice robusto section on this site. It seems to be a very popular size cigar and there are so many great cigars to choose.

Currently what I have:

1. D4

2. HDM 2

3. Juan Lopez 2

4) RAAS

5) Royal Robusto

6) RJ Wide Church Hill

7) Monte Petit Robusto

----------

6) Waiting on Bolivar RC

I was not impressed with the Cohiba and the 400 price tag seems a tad high for cigars. I like to stick around the 200 range for cigars. I would like to try a Trinidad Robusto but again the cost is just up there.

Hoyo Epi 2s are flat rockin' right now.

HDM Choix Supreme are great for the $$

Upmann Mag 46, though not a Robusto but similar size are very good.

CORO, which I just got my first 15 pack (paper boxed) of we're unimpressive, but hoping 1 yr. of age will get them to come around. Lot's of praise for these sticks on FOH. Perhaps the 15s are not as good as the 25s.