for valentine's day, if you have a spare $100k.

"Wagyu Beef, Fermented Celeriac, Hops, Silver Leaf (Served on Dry Ice)".

With all due respect, for that kind of money, I would expect Liquid Oxygen made table-side.

While I am at it, I would want to see the DNA of the paradoxurus hermaphroditus that had a part in making the ice cream.

What portion of that expense are the wines?

looking at retail/auction prices rather than on-premise, the romanee conti is quoted at just under $28k which seems about right. he didn't quote the others but i'd guestimate $2k for the 59 salon, perhaps a bit more; $1k for the 76 (though i've never been a fan of the 76 champagnes - he could do better); normally around $3k plus for a DRC montrachet but again, not the vintage i'd pick - had the 88 at the cellar last year and it was truly mindblowing and a much better option; 75 a brilliant yquem though could have gone 67 or 01 - both would have been more, or as, expensive but i'd guess the 75 around $2k; the rayas is a brilliant wine - probably around $2k (a year or so ago, i was judging a wine list competition and saw on the brisbane club list that they had this wine on for just $240 so we had our fraser island fishing debrief lunch there (couple of the guys members) and got stuck right in until they twigged and they refuse to sell us their last bottle but what a brilliant, sensational wine (i remember buying it on release for about $60); the chapoutier is quite rare and a very good wine but a "different" choice - probably $300 for a half bottle; and any nacional will push $2 to $3k and more for the top vintages. this is a very good though not great year.

so there would be $40k in wine at least.

• Like 2

looking at retail/auction prices rather than on-premise, the romanee conti is quoted at just under $28k which seems about right. he didn't quote the others but i'd guestimate $2k for the 59 salon, perhaps a bit more; $1k for the 76 (though i've never been a fan of the 76 champagnes - he could do better); normally around $3k plus for a DRC montrachet but again, not the vintage i'd pick - had the 88 at the cellar last year and it was truly mindblowing and a much better option; 75 a brilliant yquem though could have gone 67 or 01 - both would have been more, or as, expensive but i'd guess the 75 around $2k; the rayas is a brilliant wine - probably around $2k (a year or so ago, i was judging a wine list competition and saw on the brisbane club list that they had this wine on for just $240 so we had our fraser island fishing debrief lunch there (couple of the guys members) and got stuck right in until they twigged and they refuse to sell us their last bottle but what a brilliant, sensational wine (i remember buying it on release for about $60); the chapoutier is quite rare and a very good wine but a "different" choice - probably $300 for a half bottle; and any nacional will push $2 to $3k and more for the top vintages. this is a very good though not great year.

so there would be $40k in wine at least.

great summary Ken clap.gif

sounds great, but then i think what i could do with a spare 100k yes.gif

you are only going to be spending that sort of dosh for that sort of thing if it really is spare. or if you are really really trying to impress someone.

Hopefully someone trying to impress me!

If it was spare though, I would probably spend it on whisky, wine, champagne and cigars...and then go hungry for a night!