When does it End?

So I started smoking cigars on occasions about 12 years ago. By the way, I'll be turning 40 in a couple of weeks. I bought my first humidor which was a H.Upmann 200 Ct. Filled it up with all NC's, grabbed one every now and then. Dropped the hobby because I don't really like to smoke a cigar with people that didn't smoke with me. Didn't have any friends that smoked. At the time, I usually purchased the Big names because I didn't know what was good and never researched any of them.

Fast forward 12 years, 2013. I have many friends who smoke cigars now, we have at least 3 days a week that we get together and smoke. I purchased a 1000 ct Humidor and just started buying anything that CA rated top 25 except for CC because I had no ways of getting them. Let's just say that I wasted a lot of money because a lot of those I didn't like. I then joined a few forums and got peoples input on humidors because I could fit one more cigar in my 1000 ct. I was led to purchase a Aristocrat. It was delivered last week, everything went it nicely, I was happy. Then I found FOH. I knew my life was doomed. I've only tried 3 CC my whole life. Within hours of joining the site, I found a few sources. 20 minutes later, I placed my orders. In the next 3 weeks, hopefully sooner I should have 20 or so boxes delivered to my home. (crossing fingers). I then realized I have no place to store all these, so I called Bob back and said, I need a Aristocrat M Plus 48. He laughed. He required half down, I said take the whole payment now, hopefully he will get it done faster if I told him that. He said said, thank you, I'll have it for you in 3 weeks. I was ecstatic.

I've been a cognac drinker my whole life. 8 months ago I went to a friends house, he gave me a scotch. I said no way. He replied just try it. I did. The next day I went to Bevmo and spent $3,000 on scotch. 4 months ago or so, I was introduced to Craft Beer, I loved Stouts. I have over 100 bottles now. 2 years ago I was introduced to DE Wet shaving, joined a forum, now I have every kind of razors, soaps, creams, after shaves that was is available.

I'm starting to think I have a problem. There is no way possible I can use that many razors or creams. Impossible. No chance. If I lived 400 years, I would still have left over. Why would someone need 50 brushes?

Does anyone else have these problems? If so, what do you do about it? Seems like every hobby I like and get into I go over board. This new hobby with cigars is the most expensive. I think? What else is there left! The good thing about all this, my wife is ok with it, but she thinks I have a problem. She made a comment to me last night and said, "you so know that the last month, all you talked about was cigars, and all you do is read about cigars now" she is right. Just like the shaving.

Is there a cure for this compulsive disorder that I take everything to the extreme? I hope so!! Or maybe not. We have one life to live.

End of Rant.

Does anyone else have this problem?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We're living in a broken world trying to fill a void meant for something eternal with material things. That's why it never stops. You think this box or that watch, or this car or that girl, or this ga

And a Man sat alone, drenched deep in sadness. And all the animals drew near to him and said, "We do not like to see you so sad. Ask us for whatever you wish and you shall have it." The Man said, "I

Lets be honest here If you're gonna have a problem, full humidors and crowded liquor cabnets are good problems to have ;-)

Yeah, it's not going to get better. We all have these "problems" . It's easier to just accept it,than it is to try and fight it.

Luckily for your wallet, you made it here after the addicting and sadistic WEEKLY Live From The Humidor Sales stopped occurring.

I think it was either 2011 or 2012, but American Express sent me a "Thank You" card at the end of the year.

rotfl.gif

Ahahahahah yeah mate, it will end when we are dead.

I'm the same ad you, although maybe not so over the top. Have you tried selling some of your stuff? I now find selling my things is just as exciting ans buying them. Try selling a few brushes or whatever and go from there. Think of it as the more brushes you sell the more cigars you can buy...

And cigars are nothing.... we only sepnd so much because we buy boxes on boxes, we don't smoke as fas as we buy so at one point (i have reached this point now) we buy less because storage is full and now i will smoke my stock down for the next year or three.

Remote control car racing... now THAT'S an expensive hobby.

I don't have any hobby apart from cigars (think I tried not to like other hobbies). I am totally agreed with you on what you wrote, especially the wife part ... :)

I think, we are the group of people that appreciates fines things in life and take it seriously.

Cheers

Jason

You are in the right place. I think we all have it. I don't see it as a negative more of a blessing :) get to enjoy fine habanos. And hobbies are great, keep a man on his toes and productive in an area.

I had the same problem and its with really strange things. Full disclosure time. I had a client of mine, and he was a lead chemist at a cosmetics company. He gave me this face cream that costs a few hundred bucks for 2 ounces. In the months following that, I spent a couple thousand on face crap.

Then I bought belts at a ridiculous pace. Really expensive ones.

Then I went to the gym and lost 60 lbs (after I bought the belts).

Motorcycle

Luxury car

Another car

Expensive shoes

Dead stock sneakers

Then I went through a kick starter phase

Season tickets for a football team that isn't even the team I like

And now cigars in a serious way.

Unfortunately I have no idea or solution for when it ends. I was just relating lol

• Like 1

I'm embarrassed to say how much my wardrobe cost and the answer is no, it only gets worse. Once you figure out what you like you will be buying 10 boxes of each of those. That humidor is going to fill up in 6 months better get an armoire.

Your first problem was shopping at bevmo. Drive to costa mesa and drop 5k at htime.

• Like 1

It never ends. Don't ask me how I know.

Cigars

Liquor

Watches

Guns

De shaving supplies

Life is short enjoy it. wink2.gif

Aah yes. Watches. How could I forget.

I think my cigar situation would be more expensive if shipping was faster to the states. I'm throttled by waiting on my sources.

I knew this thread would be about one of two things, buying cigars or Winter. I am there with the cigars and whisky. I was concerned about my O/C shopping for more stogies until reading about you guys with the watches, clothes, face cream and razors. Now I feel so much better about my madness that I might buy another box of cigars!

Lets be honest here

If you're gonna have a problem, full humidors and crowded liquor cabnets are good problems to have ;-)

Hell yeah! Can't agree more.

On a side note, watches are definitely my other expensive hobby. But, as I've gotten more and more into cigars my cravings for new watches has actually gone down quite a lot. I actually spend less now......thanks Cigars and all the great online forums like FOH.