Ideas for a 1 month cigar challenge

Hey folks. So lots of people do the challenges liek Movember to raise money for cahrity or what not. I would liek to do some sort cigar related challenge. At first i thought i'd smoke one churchill every day for a full 30 days. This is a pretty big time commitment i think and considering i only smoke one cigar a week normally, a considerable smoking challenge.

I then thought i'm travelling in the next few months so i'll do it while im on my travels. i.e. take a photo of me with a cigar in front of pyramids, and london bridge and so on.

Anyway, im not sure if that is "gimmick" enough to ask people to donate towards the challenge, so throwing out there if any of you guys have any ideas for challenges involving cigars.

Mus

The only challenging thing I could think of regarding cigar smoking is not to smoke any for a month! lookaround.gif

This^

I tried not smoking last weekend, ended up having 3 in the end

Pick a brand and smoke every current production stick in that brand

A smoking "vertical" tasting, now that would be interesting. Would be particularly interesting with a line like the Siglos that have a ton of vitolas.

smoke a lars tetens gorilla finger.............ONCE...........And not vomit or break out in a sweat..........There's your challenge..............photog.giflifepreserver.gif

Similar to PBs suggestion but to make things a little broader and maybe less expensive you could match your days location with the naming type (factory/common) or the brand...ie London=Lonsdale or LGC, Morocco = Monte or Marevas..

If your staying in the same place for a few days then you could find a famous landmarks...ie. Big Ben=Bolivar, you get the idea.

Edit: Pics or it didn't happen

Easy as mate, i can go 4 months without a cigar.

Ahaha my best is a week

Depending on where you're going

Smoke only the reigonals for each country you visit

Making sure they are all from different years, if possible

My problem will be if i can't find quality cigars from the places i go. I'm going to Egypt, Israel, Jordan, London and Dubai.

How about smoking in front of a "No Smoking" sign in every country or town you visit? The challenge being not getting arrested or hassled by the public!

Ahahah i fear the first 2 photos you'll see me infront of signs and the rest of the 28 photos will be me in prison.

Thats a great idea... Good challenge...

My first stop will be Dubai duty free as well, i can grab 3 packs of pretty much the entire Cohiba line up. This could be done. Still no added gimmick though for a non-smoker to worry about donating for my efforts.

A guy today had a good idea... just do the smoking and then have a 30 picutres with a "spot the cigar" competition. I then thought, what i could do is post one pic every day on here, another forum (aus only forum i a member of) and on facebook. And for every like/comment/post/guess i get on all three mediums i will donate 50cents out of my own pocket to the kitty at the end. Others can also donate an amount to the cause if they so wish out of their own pocket.

Hey, I enjoy the Regata and even the Masters once in a while. If I had the time, I would have no problem smoking a box in a month.

Anybody want to be the gracious donor?

I agree, I also quite enjoy the Regata! The Masters on the other hand,.... not so much.

My problem will be if i can't find quality cigars from the places i go. I'm going to Egypt, Israel, Jordan, London and Dubai.

Israel, london and dubai will have excellent cigars with the the first two charging you like crazy for them. dont know about egypt or jordan though.

For Dubai there are a lot of LCDH shops where you can buy and smoke fine cuban cigar. I am living in Dubai you can PM and we can arrange something when you are here.

For Egypt it is there but in some hotels and it is expensive. Check jw marriott and four seasons