• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, my... I don't... I can't... Uhg

Go on....have a chuckle

Fosgate - As another member ( Thank you Potpest !! ) here stated : You have used a picture from my blog depicting original Cohiba cigars in this thread - Please remove your post and don't even drea

No pics but a friend of mine was in the Dominican Republic asking where he could get CC's down there. I looked for reliable sources and found none. Advised him instead if he wants a cigar just go tour the Arturo Fuentes plantation which he wound up doing. I sent him a link for this thread. Got back last night and he said It's just amazing how many places are pushing fakes. Guy on the street handed him a box of cigars stating they were Cubans and the wrappers still had big splotches of green where the leaves were not yet dried. He was going to try and snap a pic but the guy was all pushy trying to sell them to him. On the plane back a guy he sat next to was pissed he fell for it and said he spent $80 on a box of what turned out to be banana leaves wrapped in a crappy tobacco leaf.

• Like 1

No pics but a friend of mine was in the Dominican Republic asking where he could get CC's down there. I looked for reliable sources and found none. Advised him instead if he wants a cigar just go tour the Arturo Fuentes plantation which he wound up doing. I sent him a link for this thread. Got back last night and he said It's just amazing how many places are pushing fakes. Guy on the street handed him a box of cigars stating they were Cubans and the wrappers still had big splotches of green where the leaves were not yet dried. He was going to try and snap a pic but the guy was all pushy trying to sell them to him. On the plane back a guy he sat next to was pissed he fell for it and said he spent $80 on a box of what turned out to be banana leaves wrapped in a crappy tobacco leaf.

Sounds like your friend benefited from your good advice! Right-o.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a bad looking stick, and honestly, couldn't you see that one slipping thru QC? laugh.png

Even the S?

This one relating to the RyJ Churcills with the gold band above the RyJ band shead.gif

Why do the keep making those glass top boxes.

Wouldn't it be easier to fake cardboard packs that really look like genuine Habanos?

So many cigars are purchased by friends and family on vacation to take back for others as a gift. The people who purchase these are not generally cigar smokers, let alone Cuban cigar smokers. There is enough demand from this niche to keep the fakesters going.

• Like 1

So many cigars are purchased by friends and family on vacation to take back for others as a gift. The people who purchase these are not generally cigar smokers, let alone Cuban cigar smokers. There is enough demand from this niche to keep the fakesters going.

Could it be the reason for HSA going with larger ring gauges? The most demand overall coming from the large public of non aficionado?

Could it be the reason for HSA going with larger ring gauges? The most demand overall coming from the large public of non aficionado?

HSA is run by the Altadis/Imperial network. They look at what sells at maximum ROI and produce it. (Behike/Connie A/HURR/etal)

Should Long Skinnies become the vogue or Corona Extra...they will produce a squillion. In terms of trends, I don't see them as market makers but rather market takers.

Why do the keep making those glass top boxes.

Wouldn't it be easier to fake cardboard packs that really look like genuine Habanos?

As the Prez said, most people buying these are not experts on cigars but they still want to feel like they are getting a legit box. I think a glass top box eases the concerns of these buyers because, 1) they can SEE legit looking cigars in the box and 2) the box is still sealed with official looking stuff. Sellers would have a hard time flogging boxes on the streets when the boxes are closed and sealed..."psst...Señor, Cohiba, Cohiba?...Si señor trust me, that's what's in de box, Mi primo..umm..my cousin works..."

As the Prez said, most people buying these are not experts on cigars but they still want to feel like they are getting a legit box. I think a glass top box eases the concerns of these buyers because, 1) the can SEE legit looking cigars in the box and 2) the box is still sealed with official looking stuff. Sellers would have a hard time flogging boxes on the streets when the boxes are closed and sealed..."psst...Señor, Cohiba, Cohiba?...Si señor trust me, that's what's in de box, Mi primo..umm..my cousin works..."

Aha, so even in fakes marketing trumps a true copy!

I saw these in Mexico a few years back before I knew much about CC at all. Something told me it was too good to be true!

As the Prez said, most people buying these are not experts on cigars but they still want to feel like they are getting a legit box. I think a glass top box eases the concerns of these buyers because, 1) the can SEE legit looking cigars in the box and 2) the box is still sealed with official looking stuff. Sellers would have a hard time flogging boxes on the streets when the boxes are closed and sealed..."psst...Señor, Cohiba, Cohiba?...Si señor trust me, that's what's in de box, Mi primo..umm..my cousin works..."

I share your opinion on this

a friend of mine just picked these up in Mexico, he posted them on facebook to show them off, he is still there so I messaged him privately to try and get his money back

Oh my stars! The REAL McCoy! liar.gifjester.gif

A store full

481625D3-97C3-4BC1-A5FD-A977F9FEA39B_zps

coverears.gif OOOOOO, just look! "Rip Off Money Land"!

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty sketchy for sure.

Where's the printing on the band and the box code (see link)? Wax paper is sideways too, should run the length of the cigars, not head to foot!

• 1 month later...