What weapon would u choose

So me and the crew, when we get together, the booze starts flowing and we lose some oxygen puffing on our cigars. We talk about all kinds of crap. Last weekend, we got to talking about "The Walking Dead.". Specifically, we talk about if we were in the end of the world situation, what weapon would we choose.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ZombieGuns_01.jpg

Think you would need 2 weapons one for the living and one for the dead, if your talking walking dead scenario.

Good old Samurai Sword for the dead and anything that feeds a 5.56 Nato round for the living.

Its unfortunate but I think you would have more trouble from the living than the dead in the end sad.png

MR556A5-1.jpg

I must agree with the Katana - No need to reload and considering most zombies are within close proximity, close combat, I'd use that also.

It's also silent so no doubt if there are other survivors around (Some rival groups), they wouldn't know you're about.

Scratch my original answer:

I'll take Harry Potter and his wand! No match for Zombies, Humans, Yettis, White Girl Twerkers, Wizards and Muggles!!!

post-16567-0-94588600-1380860384_thumb.j

Not that i have thought of this much but.

- i'd go bow and arrow for long range (quiet so as not to attract the hordes - practicing with arrows is more economical then practicing with a gun)

- machate for close quarters combat (wouldnt know how to use a samarai sword and the longer blade means i'm committed when i take a swing, with the machete, its more easier to change direction)

- Close quarters and end game suicide shot - Glock pistol - Gun laws are strict in Australia but this is standard issue for police force here, more likely chance of finding extra ammo by heading to nearest police station - gun shops are far and few here)

- Louisville Slugger would be handy in the back pack, but no nails, it will reduced the integrity of the wood so you might have a more efficient weapon, but after 2 or 3 direct hits, the bat is likely to shatter.

Saying all that, i wouldn't discard an AR15 if i happen to come across one in my travels.

hmmm...........I would say monk's spade if I knew how to use it with any proficiency.

I'm sure I could get a feel for it relatively quickly but it's hard to say without picking one up. Therefore my backup answer would be a guan dao.

I originally would've gone the katana, but they require a bit of care so in the long term may have issues.

Would love to have a machete handy as well.

Easy choice for me. I would take an integrally supressed AK converted to 5.56.

Compact, quiet, works in close range or long range situations. Converted to 5.56 would make ammo easy to find and allow double the capacity carried. Also ridiculously reliable even when neglected or dropped in crap.

Think you would need 2 weapons one for the living and one for the dead, if your talking walking dead scenario.

Good old Samurai Sword for the dead and anything that feeds a 5.56 Nato round for the living.

Its unfortunate but I think you would have more trouble from the living than the dead in the end sad.png

MR556A5-1.jpg

That would be my pick. The only thing I'd add is a grenade launcher to that long rifle for clusters of zombies at a distance.

Wilkey

Would depend on the end of world scenario, but off the cuff:

Ranged Weapon

Long: Recurve bow or crossbow

Medium: Sling

Hand to Hand

Long: Spear or glaive

Medium: Sword - A katana or jian would be my preferred choice. I'd stay away from heavier swords

Short: A pair of parangs

Firearms would be useless for long term survival in a post-apocalyptic landscape. Ammunition would become hard to find, whereas bladed weapons just need sharpening. Heck, a piece of knapped flint tied to a sturdy branch served our ancestors for thousands of years and killed more people than any firearm.