Dalia vitola - who loves or not and why ?

i just started smoking tis size not long ago, was afraid to purchase them since i had heard how bad and often they can be plugged. but i have to say i have not encountered any of that yet and its becoming one of my fav sizes to smoke!! my last one was last friday, a cohiba siglo V from a box i got from LFTW (oct '12 code ), it was delicious and not at all what i was expecting, i got loads of the familiar flavors you only get in more aged cohiba's but this size seems to help concentrate the flavors as a whole and its size makes it long enough that you get to enjoy those flavors longer as it gets progressively better. what a fantastic cigar the siglo V was, and so young, i can't wait to see how the flovors develop after a few years time. gonna be great !!!

So, tell what you guys think about the Dalia!

Steve

Is a dalia unique to the marca, or would a lonsdale and a dalia be available in the same, depending on the year?

For years, Partagas and Bolivar had one cervantes and one dalia in production at the same time (Partagas had actually 2 "current" dalias, the 898v and the Partagas de Partagas No.1, plus an occasional/rare one, the Seleccion Privada No.1.

Both marca had a cervantes simply called "lonsdale". Both discontinued in 2002.

Don't forget the Partagas Selection Privada no. 1 also a dalia and discontinued in 2002

For years, Partagas and Bolivar had one cervantes and one dalia in production at the same time (Partagas had actually 2 "current" dalias, the 898v and the Partagas de Partagas No.1, plus an occasional/rare one, the Seleccion Privada.B

Both marca had a cervantes simply called "lonsdale". Both discontinued in 2002.

Love the size, wish it got more attention.

Dalia, PC and cg in that order for my favorite smokes.

Cazzadores are such an underrated cigar and I think they exemplify the Marca currently.

Love that area of ring gauge- dalia, lonsdale & cazadore. Don't care for fat smokes & these give me more smoking time than a PC.

X2

Thanks SC for your explanation. Now here's a weird one (from Trevor): two for one!

Medaille d'Or No.2 (10) Dalias 43 x 170 (6.7") Lonsdale

Hi Lisa,

I could be wrong but I think Lonsdale is a popular name for Cervantes, Dalias and Cazadores

or anything similar in size.

A bit like Robusto is for not only the "proper" 5 by 50 Robusto but also Hermosos No. 4, etc.

Anyway the original first Lonsdale was the Rafael Gonzalez, named after

Hugh Cecil Lowther, the 5th Earl of Lonsdale, who commissioned that (at the time) new vitola.

As a factory name it is referred to as cervantes though.

Sorry for the lecture jester.gif ,

enjoy your smoke party.gif

cheers, Alex

One of my absolute favorite formats. I think they smoke well with a nice flavor delivery, and for lack of a better way to put it, they just feel right. I'm also a fan of similar formats - coronas, cervantes, etc. And the bigger brother churchill as well.

Ditto.