Favourite non cuban

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Padron 1964 Maduro Principes are a long time favorite. For those who remember Chuck (Tampa1257) these were his favorites too. He actually purchased boxes of these occasionally.

I recently had a Padron Reserve #85 Maduro and was extremely impressed. Among the best 10 cigars I have ever smoked. At $20-$26 a stick they are way too expensive but if you like espresso and mocha flavors these are amazing.

My favorite NCs are Fuente, Padron, AVO and some DPG. Since finding Rob and discovering the goodness of CCs they are all I buy now. I smoke NCs basically out of necessity, I have lots of them and not so many CCs (most of which need age). It won't be long before my entire stock is CC. I don't think any NC compares and when my stock is depleted it won't be replaced.

I don't remember the last time I smoked an NC but I have a 45th anniversay padron hammer (i think thats the name) I bought for myself on my bday right around the time I started buying boxes of CCs that's still in my humidor lol. My ex bought few a few sticks, a my father, tat, and something else for valentines day 2012 that are still in my desktop that I never have the urge to smoke as well. I just can't bring myself to smoke them and I feel like I will have them forever LOL!!!

Padron 1964 Maduro Principes are a long time favorite. For those who remember Chuck (Tampa1257) these were his favorites too. He actually purchased boxes of these occasionally.

I recently had a Padron Reserve #85 Maduro and was extremely impressed. Among the best 10 cigars I have ever smoked. At $20-$26 a stick they are way too expensive but if you like espresso and mocha flavors these are amazing.

I love the Principes as well. Fantastic little cigar.

I got a selection of around 25 different NC cigars from a German source last month. None of which were bad, but they were never on par with cuban flavour.

One of the cheapest i bought was one of the best; a Rattray no 1. All the Calos Torano's I tried were decent aswell.

A couple I was really looking forward to turned out to be the worst; a padron natural and Rocky Patel vintage 1990.

I love the Principes as well. Fantastic little cigar.

Also love the Principes as well.Expensive for a small cigar,but box worthy.I like most Fuentes,but oddly Opus x is my least favorite Fuente.Anejos are my favorite.They should make an Anejo perla.I also like most everything from the Garcias,DPG blue and My Father are my favorites.Diesels are pretty good too.The original La Aurora Cien Anos were excellent.Too bad you can find em anymore.

Opus with some age. '05 and '08 I have had recently have been really good.

Oliva V including the Master's Blend. Haven't liked the Melanio.

Davidoff is usually pretty decent but too expensive for what they are.

The best for me by far is the Oliva V Maduro torpedo.

La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero 700, Maduro (LFD DL-700 Maduro)

Or LFD Air Bender Maduro

Or LFD Chisel Maduro

Or LFD Chapter One Maduro

Or Padron 1926 Maduro

Or Padron 1964 Maduro

Or LFD Mysterio Oscuro

Or Padron 4000 Maduro

Or Fuente Anejo Shark

Or Tatuaje (Maduros)

I am a bit of a maduro *****.

But, I am digging a year old box of Diesel Unholy Cocktails right now..

I've tried them all , and I've come to the conclusion , Nothing beter then a HABANO .It's not that I don't want to ,but I can't do It anymore.,

No taste , no complexity, no roundness , nothing .

x 1,000,000,000

Davidoff Grand Cru 2

Padron 1926 Robusto

Avo #2

Rocky Patel 1992 Robusto

All Fuente, Liga Privada, Padron, Tatuaje, and Davidoff. If I had to choose, it'd be Padron Family Reserve No.45. Unicos would come in second probably. NC brands that I can't stand are Don Pepin, Rocky Patel, anything general cigar produces, and especially Alec Bradley (hate hate hate their cigars).