I had an inquiry yesterday from a concerned member worried about the caps on his Behike cigars not being triple capped. Having looked at the photos they looked like every other Behike I have seen. Needless to say some people in the Florida cigar industry have called them fake.....bastions of Cuban cigar knowledge that they are ....cofcig.gif

Those with Behike handy...please post a photo of your caps 2thumbs.gif

Damn, I thought you were going to post a sale for Behike Hats "Caps".

This is certainly not a basking exercise! It really is a learning one.

let's look at the cigars in question and compare to your photo's. I don't normally pay attention to caps or bands etc for a couple of reasons. 1. I buy all my stock from PCC and 2. I have seen enough irregularities from general stock over the years to not worry about it.

Still, this was a genuine inquiry without malice and it deserves some genuine analysis.

post-4-0-54506900-1375761341_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-75295800-1375761377_thumb.jpg

Does your 56 have a touch of mould on it or is it just glare from the camera?

Definitely not mold as that one in particular saw a little abuse sitting in my travel humi a little too long. If anything its dry but I see what you're talking about.

I took the following photos in November at El Laguito.... I'll let you decide what's going on.... a re-wrappering perhaps??? Oh, and a ton of those look like they have single, not triple, caps.

post-2995-13757886198955.jpg

post-2995-1375788727377.jpg

Now for those that visited the El Laguito fabrica last November, they were rolling Behike (almost exclusively). Do you remember how they applied the final cap?

Here is a photo taken by Tony(Tdolfo) at Laguito from last November's trip. Here you can see the behike getting dressed and you can notice these caps.

post-8384-0-57947600-1375795607_thumb.jp

His cigars look fine. He should stop worrying so much and "trust his source." Also, whoever is telling him they are fake need to learn a thing or two about Cuban cigars. The 52 I posted before was from the original release and clearly had a single cap (or a 3rd cap that covered the other 2). It was an amazing smoke. But some people will always be paranoid no matter who they purchase from . . .

I just checked my 52s and 54s all had 3 caps, but it was very hard to distingush on some as almost all of the bottom caps were covered by a larger third one.

I just checked my 52s and 54s all had 3 caps, but it was very hard to distingush on some as almost all of the bottom caps were covered by a larger third one.

Same for me on boxes bought in Havana the last couple of years.

His cigars look fine. He should stop worrying so much and "trust his source." Also, whoever is telling him they are fake need to learn a thing or two about Cuban cigars. The 52 I posted before was from the original release and clearly had a single cap (or a 3rd cap that covered the other 2). It was an amazing smoke. But some people will always be paranoid no matter who they purchase from . . .

First of all before you judge the source of information, you should know something about the source. These people have been in the cigar industry for 30 years plus. They have been to cuba and know quite a bit about the cigars. They are involved with 601, liga pravada and others own 8 retail stores in Florida. They have seen and tasted these cigars and had doubts. Rob just like you said, no malice intended. But to say they don't know Cuban cigars would simply be wrong. I myself have very little knowledge, which is why I asked the source. I appreciate the posts and information but not the flippant uneducated comments.