Hong Kong - Another great visit -

Here I am again in HK, believe it or not, on a business trip :-)

But...any business trip has to have some pleasure, my pleasure is to meet my friend living here that by chance is also the author of the Encyclopaedia of Cuban Cigars.

Difficult to say all, but photos will be my words.

I can just want to focus on few matters :

I have been drinking the best champagne

smoking good cigars

...enjoying life.

before you may ask me about the book, I can confirm that he is trying to keep on track and come out with the new book by next year, but I like to say that the resolution of the printed photos in the book is the best you can even imagine because the resolution of this level has never been done before as far I can tell.

If you look carefully to the photo attached you can see ( even if taken by I Phone ) the loose strand of the silk ribbon, and for the fibres of the paper label on the metal can, It can be seen clearly.

The previous book, that was a master piece, is 10 times less than what the new one will be, confirmed by MRN by mathematical calculation.

Enjoy looking to my good time in Hong Kong.

post-1436-0-97752100-1375127968_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-37845900-1375127980_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-24337300-1375128002_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-61543100-1375128013_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-47555200-1375128032_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-15932600-1375128053_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-27598500-1375128075_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-16212600-1375128092_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-73413400-1375128124_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-42343800-1375128144_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-49206400-1375128162_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-38105200-1375128188_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-62635200-1375128219_thumb.jp

post-1436-0-98509500-1375128251_thumb.jp

Sorry guys.... please rotate the photos .

Wow! Amazing pics!

I've read on Ninos blog that the definition and clarity of the pictures in he next edition are something to behold...

A cheeky question if I may, do you happen to know if the book will be limited in its production or how many are to be printed?

This will be the holy grail of cigar reference books and a serious collectors item. Would love to get my hands on one when they are released.

Thanks for sharing.

Truly impressive champers line up you drank through. Thanks for sharing the MRN update. Eagerly anticipating the finished product. Will no doubt be impressive.

Wow! Amazing pics!

I've read on Ninos blog that the definition and clarity of the pictures in he next edition are something to behold...

A cheeky question if I may, do you happen to know if the book will be limited in its production or how many are to be printed?

This will be the holy grail of cigar reference books and a serious collectors item. Would love to get my hands on one when they are released.

Thanks for sharing.

I am sitting next to MRN. It is now 4.30 am HK time.

MRN agrees to answer this question.

The 2,000 copies for the Frankfurt Book Fair will be 343 x 438 mm in size. The books alone will weigh 80 lbs to 90 lbs. The bamboo cabinet is a piece of furniture with exquisite wood inlays, which will weigh over 20 lbs. The weigh of the external shipping crate is not yet known.

Special extra dense paper is used. Every material and craftsmanship is of the highest standards. These 2,000 copies are extremely expensive to produce.

I have seen the draft copies and these books are indeed monstrous in size.

These copies might only be available exclusively to those whom MRN wish to sell to.

Meanwhile MRN wish to assure everyone here that enough different cheaper versions will be available to everyone at affordable price.

The 2,000 copies for the Frankfurt Book Fair will be 343 x 438 mm in size. The books alone will weigh 80 lbs to 90 lbs. The bamboo cabinet is a piece of furniture with exquisite wood inlays, which will weigh over 20 lbs. The weigh of the external shipping crate is not yet known.

Special extra dense paper is used. Every material and craftsmanship is of the highest standards. These 2,000 copies are extremely expensive to produce.

These copies might only be available exclusively to those whom MRN wish to sell to.

Meanwhile MRN wish to assure everyone here that enough different cheaper versions will be available to everyone at affordable price.

Wow!!!!!!

If your still with him please give him my thanks for answering my question so concisely.

I think the work he is doing is fantastic and I wish him all the best in his noble endeavour.

It's great to know there will be a more standard version but I cannot wait to see the finish and craftsmanship of the big version!

Thanks Mr.Japan!

Thanks MRN!

Thanks for the information MRN and Gino. Enjoy your evening/night gentlemen!

Ciao Gino !

Thanks for phoning me last night & Happy to see that you are enjoying yourself with our most generous friend and see for yourself the progress of the second edition !

Enjoy the trip and see you here in the village in 2 weeks.

The smallest abalone I have ever seen . How did they taste.? I literally have them on my door step, although we have a very limited season to access them.

Wow!!!!!!

If your still with him please give him my thanks for answering my question so concisely.

I think the work he is doing is fantastic and I wish him all the best in his noble endeavour.

It's great to know there will be a more standard version but I cannot wait to see the finish and craftsmanship of the big version!

Thanks Mr.Japan!

Thanks MRN!

I left just after posting ..it was morning and I had to catch a plane for coming here in Yanji ( Border with North Korea ).

I'm sure MRN appreciates.

Regards to you both.

Trevor.

Ciao Trevor :-)

Ciao Gino !

Thanks for phoning me last night & Happy to see that you are enjoying yourself with our most generous friend and see for yourself the progress of the second edition !

Enjoy the trip and see you here in the village in 2 weeks.

Why do you have a mobile phone :-)

Ni hao tio, I will and looking forward to ANS in middle of August.