Boli's ..... I just don't get it.

A staple for me....love them!

Keep it simple. Bolivar PCs rarely disappoint. Some gold medals if you want to flash it up a bit.

Don't sweat it bro. Different folks for different folks. Your palate just likes other flavours better at this point in time.

It's what makes this hobby so fun. Some marcas you will never like or understand. Others you will start to like and then not like them. Some you won't like and then all of a sudden you like them later on. Some will be timeless and favourites forever.

As for flame throwers, this place isn't that type of forum. Lots of great debate and discussion, conducted with respect and integrity.

As for bolivars in particular, I like the bolivar corona extras, Lonsdales, and pcs. I find they are good/great in a smaller ring gauge

Hope this helps.

BRC have really disappointed me lately with being underfilled, and many friends have said the same about BBF (my luck with these has been WAY better) you can't go wrong with the petit coronas, but if you're finding the profile of the marca isn't for you, try the SLR Regios! They are wicked things, and won't break the bank if you develop an addiction!

Definitely understand some folks like/dislike certain smokes. I personally like Boli's because they offer a bold taste that's delivered in a creamy way if that makes any sense.

If you can, try the Boli Simones, maybe it'll make you change your mind. One of my favorites.

What exactly do you mean by "nuance"?

Most of the other marcas tend to have a flavor distinction.

These remind me of a strong NC.

Meaning, at least for me, i pick a smoke by what I want to taste for the moment.

Boli's seem to be just full on 'cigar', as in no real flavor distinction.

I'd rather a Hoyo, Cohiba, Partagas, Monty or JL.

Boli PC, BBF, CE

Imo Bolivars need some years of age on them to develop sweetness and complexity. Might well be that the ones you smoked were much too young. Young Bolivars do not do it for me either, at least the ones I smoked. When they have 5 or even better 10 years on them... Heavenly! Great complexity, woody sweetness, with complex dark aromas and subtle spice.

A dud sample perhaps? If you haven't smoked many, I'd recommend not judging the whole marque and vitola on a sample or two. Mucho flavour and body in Bolivars in general - with of course the poorly manufactured ones being exceptions. (I had a box of under filled BBF that were crap!)

Alternatively, could be like Art said, and they're just not your thing.

Don't sweat it bro. Different folks for different folks. Your palate just likes other flavours better at this point in time.

It's what makes this hobby so fun. Some marcas you will never like or understand. Others you will start to like and then not like them. Some you won't like and then all of a sudden you like them later on. Some will be timeless and favourites forever.

x2

I also love the BBF and PC, staples in my humi, To be honest I like most of the vitolas in the marca, but like all marcas you can get your duds.

I recently got hold of some aged Boli inmensas... and they were amazing!

Imo Bolivars need some years of age on them to develop sweetness and complexity. Might well be that the ones you smoked were much too young. Young Bolivars do not do it for me either, at least the ones I smoked. When they have 5 or even better 10 years on them... Heavenly! Great complexity, woody sweetness, with complex dark aromas and subtle spice.

x2 especially with the BRC and BGM.

I live on Bolis.

My first BRC was a let down. I put them away and those 08s are fantastic now. The BPC are my favourite (was the BCE until they discontinued them) and I have never had a dud with them. The nice thing about the BPC is they are also great right out of the box.

Give Boli another chance and hopefully the BRC was a dud. See if Rob can make you up a sampler that have a little age on them.

I've never had a boli that impressed me in my experience. I've had 10 year old bbfs, lonsdales, etc but the one that I liked was the alemania lancero. One of the marcas I don't purchase.

Even had a few pcs recently and while I enjoyed smoking they weren't standouts, rascc over those every day of the week if you like big flavor.

I too tried very hard to like bolivar but never got the taste profile. Tried BRC, BGM an BPC so far nothing. For the sake of comparison my favs marcas Ramon allones, hdm and partys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

A few years ago I had a 3 yr old BBF that was an out-of-this-world experience.

Reflect on it as one of the greatest smokes I ever had, will be hard to beat.

On the other hand I went through a box of BRC's and never ordered another box, just didnt do the 'Boli' thing for me.

So as others have said, don't give up, try some others.

I'm a fan of the Bolivar marca in pretty much all its forms. The profile suits me and it provides a range of vitolas that cover a variety of smoking scenarios from the sparkplug Coronas Junior to the very enjoyable Coronas Gigantes. And, as noted, when the BBF is on, it can be a satisfying, ethereal experience.

Wilkey

Imo Bolivars need some years of age on them to develop sweetness and complexity. Might well be that the ones you smoked were much too young. .

Probably this ^^^

I have several boxes, and types of Boli, think I'll let them rest awhile.

Boli = Pure Bliss

BRC are best from Tubos or get an HQ box from Rob

BPC are amazing and potent for their size.

BBF are my least favorite

Gigantes need age, but the samples I have had were excellent.

Boli RE's have been really good.

Have you tried the RASS? Same size as the BRC, totally different flavors. I agree with you in the fact that BRCs and even Partagas shorts tend to have very earthy deep flavors that remind me of some Nicaraguan cigars.

BRC are very hit or miss in my experience. However, the PC usually meets expectations. Real meaty smoke for me, I call it a charred peppered steak smoke, medium-rare marbled ribeye. Is that considered a flavor profile? In my experience age refines it for me. Guess I'm eating steak tonight hungry.gif