Boli's ..... I just don't get it.

Love my Bolis, but not BRC, BBF or GMs. Coronas, petite coronas & corona gigantes are fantastic smokes. Corona juniors also nice, but too short. peace.gif

I really like Bolivar's, BRC being one of my favs. They are really full bodied for a cuban, and even more so when young, probably just not your thing. Have to disagree with you on the NC similarity though. Thats the great thing about cigars, everyone gets something different.

Just curious why you would buy several boxes of a marca you do not like.

Well,

I heard how good the BBF is, so I bought a box.

I heard how good the BRC is, so I bought a box.

I heard how good the BPC is, so I bought a box. Haven't tried these yet, waiting for winter.

I was gifted a box of Petite Belicosos 09 LE's. These are almost gone, my golfing cigar at the moment.

It's more a matter enjoying other brands more.

I keep expecting boli's to be really good after everything you hear about them, that's all.

Well,

I heard how good the BBF is, so I bought a box.

I heard how good the BRC is, so I bought a box.

I heard how good the BPC is, so I bought a box. Haven't tried these yet, waiting for winter.

I was gifted a box of Petite Belicosos 09 LE's. These are almost gone, my golfing cigar at the moment.

It's more a matter enjoying other brands more.

I keep expecting boli's to be really good after everything you hear about them, that's all.

Good call. These are great cigars, having boxes of each will allow you to get some age on them if they are part of your rotation.

Hold on to them unless you're strapped for cash. You never know what'll happen in the future, either your palate will change and/or you might end up liking them with age. If they never get better I'm sure you'll have no problem moving aged bolis.

I too tried very hard to like bolivar but never got the taste profile. Tried BRC, BGM an BPC so far nothing. For the sake of

I can completely understand how someone who likes other cuban marcas wouldn't like Bolivar, even though i enjoy them myself. They have a quite distinctive flavour profile, quite unlike other marcas, and everybody has different tastes, right?

You will still find exceptions e.g. i've had young Gold Medals that were quite different to any other bolivar i've had (very sweet peach flavour that disappeared completely after one year age), and of course the E.L.s which tend to go down the cocoa-chocolatey route with maduro-ish wrappers.

Last thing, i only pick up most Bolivars (e.g. PC or CJ both have quite a kick!) when i've had a big night (big wined meal or a couple cigars over poker prior) and i feel like a whisky, which ain't too often. So for me their particular flavour profile suits a particular context... and you might yet find a context in which they work for you... maybe.

Don't try too hard though, life is too short!

Don't try too hard though, life is too short!

Agreed!! When i started out cigars/foh, i was trying to find my palette so i based on a lot of members recommendation and i was trying to stay away from your main marcas ie Partagas, montes and cohibas. Bolivar seems to come up quite often and i think they are the most popular outside the 3 main marcas. Now i found my sweet spot, im not rejecting bolivar completely, i will of course sample some time to time. Ive got a couple of gigantes in my humidor after this thread i cant wait to try.