Punch Recommendations

So looking through my humidor I have a pretty diverse collection between monte 520, petite edmundo, cohiba behike, PSD4, party shorts, H upmann RR, BBF, BRC, RASS, RASCC and trini reyes. I also have enough room to squeeze in one more box. The punch marca has always fascinated me and I am pretty certain that is the marca I would like to add. I am open to all suggestions but mainly punch. What is the best punch at the moment? Theoretically am I better off getting punch punch and letting them age for a while or picking up a box of super robustos that already have six years on them? Thanx for the help guys!

Although only having a couple to comment upon, I found the Spanish RE Gran Robusto to be a very flavoursome smoke. I'm not a huge Punch fan, but would recommend them readily. My smoking buddy loved the one I sent him too. If you can source them, they'll have a few years on them already.

They're all pretty good. Personally I love the Punch Coronation Tubos and the Punch DC. Punch Punch are great when they are on, though they do need some age to really shine.

The Super Seleccion #2 was an intense flavor bomb in it's day. They're still smoking great, but almost impossible to find now. My avatar features a cabinet of them that I'm slowly smoking thru.

Being that I don't really have the capabilities to age cigars long term at the moment. I am only 18 and only have a small cabinet humidor. I think am looking for something I can smoke now. I think I have it narrowed down to Sabrosos or the super robusto. I would go with aged DC, but I don't think I can get them in my humidor lol.

I've got a box of petit coronations, they're not great at the moment, but I have had ones before that were awesome

If a large time investment is not going to happen, I suggest picking up a 10 pack of Punch Punch tubos. They are affordable and usually better ROTT than the dress box versions. It is a great vitola, sadly not as great as its predecessors that have been discontinued. If you can find the Petit Corona Del Punch (also axed) they are tasty little guys too.

I don't smoke too many big cigars, but the DC is very, very good if you like that size.

I love the Punch Marca so am a bit biased but Shlomo's advise above is good. the Punch Petit Corona del Punch are very good yet inexpensive representations of the marca in general.

Hi there. Punch is a storied marca. It's kind of hard to recommend since I have a love/hate relationship...but for sake of this thread, let's say that they're all excellent.

As for recent production, I'd say the '09 Punch tubos are much better than the untubed counterpart during that time. The Punch regionals are also excellent as well across the board (save for a couple, but I am wondering if they just need more time)...Really can't go wrong with any of them. Even the Diadema Extras are amazing if you have the time (and friends to help)! If you are looking to smoke now and price isn't a concern, the two you picked are great given availability.

As for aged selections that are still available, I like the pre-'05s cabs of DC, Churchill, and Punch. They'll show you a little more of the older style Punch. Tubed Monarcas from '01s are said to be great, and I'd have to concur for now from the one I was gifted. Even machine made Coronations are amazing if you can hunt them down.

Then you have vintage Punch which are just magnificent. B's and C's said to be great, but I've only had '60s PCdP and Nectares, along with '80s and '90s Ninfas - and they're all what you imagine a vintage cigar would be like.

I recommend you don't recommend anything to anyone. I guess you haven't smoked 10 Punch cigars in your life…

I had a feeling you'd respond LOL!!!

No but seriously, never had an impressive punch and unless you're smoking vintage there are so many better options (if you like mildly flavored cigars even then you can do better). Now that I recall the only enjoyable one was a short robusto of some sort I think from 05, a regional.

I had a feeling you'd respond LOL!!!

No but seriously, never had an impressive punch and unless you're smoking vintage there are so many better options (if you like mildly flavored cigars even then you can do better). Now that I recall the only enjoyable one was a short robusto of some sort I think from 05, a regional.

That's a shame. I was lucky enough to get an HQ box of the Royal Selection #11 just before they were discontinued...enjoying one now with my morning coffee. Absolutely fantastic! I will weep when I finish the box...only smoke about 4 a year for that reason.

If there was a suitable replacement in the current Punch line-up I would jump all over it.

Being that I don't really have the capabilities to age cigars long term at the moment. I am only 18 and only have a small cabinet humidor. I think am looking for something I can smoke now. I think I have it narrowed down to Sabrosos or the super robusto. I would go with aged DC, but I don't think I can get them in my humidor lol.

The Sabrosos are really smoking great right now, I would say mild to mild-medium, (Rob nailed it on their review saying pinot noir character) with a rich musky berry fruit/grape core.