Popping my cherry

Looking to try my first CC. What do you wise folks recommend for the quentissential CC for a first timer? Leaning torwards the MC #2 or the Upman 48 since that appears to be on everyone's list. As a point of reference I enjoy the medium to full body smokes. Fond of the Liga Privadas, and the Flor De Las Antillas. I like the non Cuban MC no 2 also but it's a tad on the milder side.

Thoughts?

Welcome.

Get stuck in to the big flavours... Bolivar petit corona or belicosos finos.

The h.upmann magnum 48 is another great smoke.

I would avoid anything monte as your first CC, sure they are good but if your looking for full bodied, quintessentially cuban flavours look at Bolivar or Partagas. Monte may fail to 'wow' you.

Let us know how it goes.

The first Cuban cigar that blew me away was a Hoyo DC. Big smooth soft cuban with a bit of twang and real Havana flavor, it doesn't over power the novice while it retains it's pedigree.

.....the quentissential CC for a first timer?

I guess the Montecristo No.4 would fit the bill (as would the M2). My first (if I recall correctly) was the Montecristo No.5 - not an earth shattering experience (which I personally don't feel one should expect), but certainly opened my eyes.

It shouldn't really matter if one has their cherry or not - as long as one still has the box it came in..........

Siglo VI was my first cc. Newly arrived to havanna and jetlagged I nubbed it as I liked it, as well as I felt I ought to, but turned green and started to sweat from the nicotine.

Well that doesnt answer the question - Rob has compiled a fine sampler from his top ten atm - see the post "lftw june wrap up" . That would be a great intro to the cc's I guess

My first was a Monte 4. Alls I knew is that with that in my hand and a glass of cognac in the other, the next path I was to take in life was brightly lit.

Siglo VI was my first cc. Newly arrived to havanna and jetlagged I nubbed it as I liked it, as well as I felt I ought to, but turned green and started to sweat from the nicotine.

Well that doesnt answer the question -

Rob has compiled a fine sampler from his top ten atm - see the post "lftw june wrap up" . That would be a great intro to the cc's I guess

^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^ Excellent suggestion.

psd4, mc2, mc4, epi 2, siglo iv, royal robusto

This!

Also, just order a sampler!

I enjoy Tats, Ligas & Opus as well. However, have been extremely impressed with the flavors & construction of the HU Royal Robustos. Great OTT CCs.

Outstanding advice guys, really grateful. Now I just need to look up all these acronyms. There must be a key around here somewhere. LOL.

haha sorry, there's a key somewhere

psd4 = partagas serie d no. 4

mc2 = montecristo 2

mc4 = montecristo 4

epi2 = hoyo de monterrey epicure no. 2

sig iv = cohiba siglo iv

rr = h upmann royal robusto

pc = petit corona

boli = bolivar

brc = bolivar royal corona

maduro 5 = cohiba maduro line consisting of secretos, magicos and genios

hoyo dc = hoyo de monterrey double corona

siglo vi = cohiba siglo vi

pardi short = partagas short

My advice is pick out 8 cigars of different, all of different lines and profiles. Don't just try and compare your cc to a NC

I like you enjoy a nice NCs ie. Opus X, Anjeo, My Father etc however I enjoy some CCs that are nothing like any of those profiles. So try something new and judge it just on its own taste not on a comparison to your NC.

haha sorry, there's a key somewhere

psd4 = partagas serie d no. 4

mc2 = montecristo 2

mc4 = montecristo 4

epi2 = hoyo de monterrey epicure no. 2

sig iv = cohiba siglo iv

rr = h upmann royal robusto

pc = petit corona

boli = bolivar

brc = bolivar royal corona

maduro 5 = cohiba maduro line consisting of secretos, magicos and genios

hoyo dc = hoyo de monterrey double corona

siglo vi = cohiba siglo vi

pardi short = partagas short

Yes! This is perfect. Thanks!!!!!

Sounds like a plan!

My advice is pick out 8 cigars of different, all of different lines and profiles. Don't just try and compare your cc to a NC

I like you enjoy a nice NCs ie. Opus X, Anjeo, My Father etc however I enjoy some CCs that are nothing like any of those profiles. So try something new and judge it just on its own taste not on a comparison to your NC.