Which CC would you...

...introduce to someone who has smoked CC's in the past and did not like them. I'm pretty sure this person was trying them in the 98-2005 time zone. Said he tried them and likes NC's better. I told him they are a lot better now. So, we are going to sample some adult beverages and CC's this evening. Not sure which flavor to bring with for him.

For newbies I generally go with a Monty #4 or #5.

I would say a CoRo, Secretos (similar to NC flavor in some), BBF (great classic that most wouldn't turn down), or maybe RASS is good choice. I would say nothing too long of a smoke. And make sure it's a box code you've tried and enjoyed, not under filled or plugged..

It's good of you to try, but I wouldn't bother.

He sounds like he's had a few cigars, and just got it into his head that he doesn't like the Cuban ones. If he doesn't have the ability to appreciate them, I'd leave it go. People rarely admit they were wrong, and the cigars from the troublesome times were still pretty good when you could get them to draw...

But I'd be happy to be wrong in this case.

Something flavorful on both counts. Off the top of my head, Rafael Gonzalez Corona Extra. I like the Montecristo 4 & 5 idea as well. If your friend truly prefers the flavor of cigars other than Havanas, I probably wouldn't try to push it .......

Something in the petit corona range probably, maybe a monte 4 or boli pc. First two cubans i ever had and still go to them regularily. Great smokes and while a little inconsistent you can still find good monte 4s.

Or if you really want to ruin his financial state of affairs you can give him a 03 des dieux :D

Hmmm.....maybe a Monte 4 or Siglo II for an inexperienced smoker and maybe a CoRo or RASS for a more experienced smoker. Making sure they are great quality sticks too!

Boli has a good reputation for transitioning NC fans. And generally anything along the corona / petite corona line is a good idea. If you know their NC preference - ie strong Tatuaje, milder Ashton, etc. - that can help guide. A Tatuaje fan may like a BBF, a Fuente fan may like a Monte 4.

I've been converting folks using recent release HdM EE and PR, a killer box of PSD4 from the prez and co., and PLPC.

At least 1 friend has converted, and placed orders!

Boli or RG. Nothing too light, and nothing el/re.

Still, your buddy may just not like CCs. Nothing wrong with that.

That logic is questionable at best!

Montecristo #2. I have yet to give one to any first time cuban / or even first time cigar smoker and have them be disappointed or sick or underwhelmed or overwhelmed or...anything negative. As MRN says, it has near universal appeal.

If the guy doesn't like the MC#2, then he's never going to like any Cuban cigar.

Smoking cigars are not only to appreciate the flavours or the aromas but importantly the person has passion about cigars. If you think he's the one then any smoke he will appreciates. Of course the good bait will hook the fish.

I've had joy showing someone like that a Sancho Panza Beli - a weird choice but it's mildish and has a "different" size about it...

Hoyo Epicure #2.

This! Not too strong and plenty of smooth flavors. The 50 RG should also appeal more to an NC smoker than e.g. a Reyes, which is a great cigar but maybe less suitable to convert an NC smoker.