Matchs or Lighter, Which one ,?

Hi all,

Do you use one or the other to lite up your cigar ? I use a soft flame because I consider

useing a torch lighter Is the same as raping the cigar violently,but then again,It may be just me.

What do you say ??

Guy

My favorite way to light up is very classic a cedar match. If it is to windy or I am on the jump a soft flame is preferred.

The temperature of a torch light is IMO to hard & brutal and not good for the cigar.

A torch, all the time. And I smoke exclusivey indoors. Just hold it away from the foot so that it barely reaches the foot and it gives you a quick, evenly lit foot.

I use a torch. Just hold it away from the foot.

A torch, all the time. And I smoke exclusivey indoors. Just hold it away from the foot so that it barely reaches the foot and it gives you a quick, evenly lit foot.

When I started having cigars I lit that way but when I went into fora (forums - I like to say fora :-) ) and magazines I realized anybody said this was the right way.

Good to know that it's used for some of you.

I do either torch or matches, just depends on the wind...since I typically smoke outside. Usually find more consistency with the torch- a smoother and more precise burn

I use a torch most often (matches 25%) and don't let the flame get within 2" of the cigar.

My buddiy just cant get over sticking his torch right up the ass of his cigar and fire away for 30 seconds,

makes me cringe everytime.

I use a torch lighter exclusively. I toast the foot by holding the flame about 1 to 2 inches away and take my time rotating the cigar and gently blowing on the foot until completely lit. I do not take the first puff until foot is embered and fully lit.

So I usually use whatever is available to me at the moment. I my favorite Extend maxi jet lighter with me however it takes car not to char roast the entire foot. It ceder is available I will go for cedar. Either way you go done with care, both are enjoyable. Just don't do it in a rush and char the hell out of it until dead.

I hate fiddling with fickle butane lighters... I feel like its always a struggle to keep them working well.

I just matches. Cheap and I can get them to work, torch for when it is just too inconvenient to use matches.

Love to use matches when possible but 90% of the time it is a torch but I take my time and hold it away from the foot a good distance

I've become an indoor (at the local cigar lounge) smoker so I prefer a soft flame or a match. But, whenever they are out of matches I use my torch lighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For smaller cigars smaller lighter, for larger format cigars like a 520 or double corona I use the big siglo . You can adjust flames on both to suit and find this works perfect for me.

post-12719-0-82044900-1370730334_thumb.j

$5.00 dollar torch lighter from my local flea market. It is refuelable and can last up to a year or more.

For those who do not know what a flea market is it is nothing more than open air bazaar.