Matchs or Lighter, Which one ,?

If the shop has free wooden matches I use that. But otherwise, I use a torch as well. I take my time to light the cigar either way, but usually takes much longer with the matches. Whenever I'm at a lounge, I'm the only one that doesn't take the flame to the foot while puffing on the cigar lighting it like a cigarette. Everyone seems like they want to light theirs ASAP, but understandable if they're not really educated in the proper cigar lighting technique.

I hate using anything else outside besides a torch unless there's 0 wind (which is never in NY). Last time I went to Mexico, I couldn't bring my torch with me, only a BIC lighter, and it was a royal pain trying to light cigars with it.

I often use a torch lighter that I got free with some Alec Bradley cigars....the lighter is better than the cigars...never again.

But, like others, I much prefer the long match soft flame.

The last time I bought some habanos matches, they cost £3....yes £3, from the LCDH in London.

My response was "How much?!!!!"

"Well, they are Habanos branded" came the reply...

So, extra long Swan Vestas it is...

Matches are one of the most annoying lights possible...followed closely by a flint roller bic.

In Cuba, towards the end of our stay, we ended up using the stovetop in the kitchen. Lighter gas is a commodity there.

Matches are one of the most annoying lights possible...followed closely by a flint roller bic.

In Cuba, towards the end of our stay, we ended up using the stovetop in the kitchen. Lighter gas is a commodity there.

rotfl.gifrotfl.gifrotfl.gif

If I could use a soft flame I would, but I smoke exclusively outdoors so a torch for me is the only way to go.

I don't have time to arse about holding the flame so many inches away. I torch that sucker until she's lit.

As long as I don't puff on it while lighting and don't blow too hard on the ember I have no problems.

I also don't take my first puff for a minute or two until the burn settles a bit.

I am building a house at the minute which should be complete by December. I am going to have a small smoking shed out in the garden so hopefully I can start using a soft flame then.