PCC Jar and Ashtray

fuzz, so that is your version of 'moderating'? welcome to the dark side!

in my defence, i asked a czars employee - i understand that he had even been employee of the month by making a customer very happy with the number one box of a set of regionals (we miss you, minismithy) - which ashtray i should use and he told me. i followed his instructions (it is just a receptacle, for lord's sake) and i have been pilloried ever since.

what, you can't wash these things?

It was for sale with an $800 price tag pod.gif

I will be keeping a couple for myself and the others will be offered to my friends. Knowing these would be scooped up rather quickly and when offered to buy the sets at a big discount for buying several at one time, I went ahead and bought them.

...interesting you got a big discount when they were flying off the shelves. I'm surprised retailers were willing to offer discounts on them, but well played nonetheless.

...interesting you got a big discount when they were flying off the shelves. I'm surprised retailers were willing to offer discounts on them, but well played nonetheless.

Well it's a big discount compared to the other prices I've seen, and there hasn't been many listed. wink.png

Some times if you know the right people and you ask, you might be surprised to see or hear what you find out. Don't get me wrong, but yes a lot of luck was in play as well.

It was for sale with an $800 price tag pod.gif

J'accuse!!

your honour, i would suggest that the witness has been caught in a blatant lie and that anything further he ever claims is to be immediately dismissed and disregarded. he claims it was for sale at $800, yet earlier, in this same post, he claimed he bought it for US$800 (at a time when the exchange rate was not in our favour).

as everyone knows, the witness has never sold anything without a 200% mark up.

may i say, if so precious, why have it out on a coffee table in a smoking lounge surrounded by comfortable chairs? and endless alcohol (though if i recall, you attempted to pass off grandin as true champagne - shame!). at midnight on a big night. what were you expecting?

and something about good help springs to mind.

i was instructed to use it by your own staff!

and if i recall, your behaviour on that particular event was hardly exemplary. was an innocent member not accused of horrendous crimes and banned for life? despite being completely innocent. of that, at least. no inquiry, no witnesses, no trial.

nice one, joe stalin!

J'accuse!!

your honour, i would suggest that the witness has been caught in a blatant lie and that anything further he ever claims is to be immediately dismissed and disregarded. he claims it was for sale at $800, yet earlier, in this same post, he claimed he bought it for US$800 (at a time when the exchange rate was not in our favour).

as everyone knows, the witness has never sold anything without a 200% mark up.

may i say, if so precious, why have it out on a coffee table in a smoking lounge surrounded by comfortable chairs? and endless alcohol (though if i recall, you attempted to pass off grandin as true champagne - shame!). at midnight on a big night. what were you expecting?

and something about good help springs to mind.

i was instructed to use it by your own staff!

and if i recall, your behaviour on that particular event was hardly exemplary. was an innocent member not accused of horrendous crimes and banned for life? despite being completely innocent. of that, at least. no inquiry, no witnesses, no trial.

nice one, joe stalin!

You are on a roll lol3.gif

"Your worship....The prosecution would like to point out that Mr Gargett arrived at the function after having attended a 5 hour lunch. His first indiscretion on the said evening was pouring out onto the ground a bottle of sparkling wine that he thought "beneath him" while a the same time yelling to the crowd to "revolt" and search for " something decent to drink!"

There was your worship the issue of a Siglo Number 1 that I took up to the top deck. In attendance was one Mr Gargett, his equally inebriated friend and a client (also inebriated) of some dubious reputation. I placed the cigar down and returned downstairs to collect a lighter. Upon my return the Siglo 1 was gone. Upon questioning no one had seen it. I surmised that the client of whom has previously been suspected of "5 finger discounting" had taken it. I made a point to express my displeasure.

Your worship, the said ken Gargett called me in the morning to report he found a Cohiba Siglo 1 in his top pocket "

The prosecution rests. lol3.gif

You are on a roll lol3.gif

"Your worship....The prosecution would like to point out that Mr Gargett arrived at the function after having attended a 5 hour lunch. His first indiscretion on the said evening was pouring out onto the ground a bottle of sparkling wine that he thought "beneath him" while a the same time yelling to the crowd to "revolt" and search for " something decent to drink!"

There was your worship the issue of a Siglo Number 1 that I took up to the top deck. In attendance was one Mr Gargett, his equally inebriated friend and a client (also inebriated) of some dubious reputation. I placed the cigar down and returned downstairs to collect a lighter. Upon my return the Siglo 1 was gone. Upon questioning no one had seen it. I surmised that the client of whom has previously been suspected of "5 finger discounting" had taken it. I made a point to express my displeasure.

Your worship, the said ken Gargett called me in the morning to report he found a Cohiba Siglo 1 in his top pocket "

The prosecution rests. lol3.gif

objection, your honour.

first, i thought i was the prosecution. and yes, your honour, he is objectionable.

next, may i apologise to the court on behalf of my "learned" friend. he should be aware that 'your worship' only applies to magistrates. please take it personally.

next, i object to this unwarranted and baseless personal attack.

as usual, the witness has his facts plucked from the pages of the cartoon pages. i had not been to lunch and am outraged at the suggestion. i want it striken from the records. i was at a dinner. and it was all work.

secondly, your honour, it was most certainly not my first indiscretion that evening but no need to go there.

next, i most strenously object to the absurd take on the events proferred by the defence. it was two bottles, not one, and i did not say 'beneath me'. i believe i said 'beneath humanity' and a disgrace to all that he would inflict it upon his supposedly honoured guests'. mine was sheer altruism to the benefit of all humanity - it was absolute dross. the rest of that bit might be pretty close.

next, i believe that the alleged cigar was left downstairs and that i had taken it upstairs for the witness to smoke but unfortunately forgotten it. possibly i was in distress from premonitions about the endless years of abuse i would endure from merely using the ashtray to which i was directed by his staff.

next morning, as soon as i discovered said cigar, i immediately rang to advise him of its location. by then, it was too late. he had accused an innocent man, held a kangaroo court and banished him for life. the poor man's only crime being to try and be a good customer.

life, your honour, life in prison would be too good for this villain.

In Hong Kong you were able to get at least 20% off retail, even if you bought only one. My problem is that I wasn't in Hong Kong ;)

Should have pm me. I would have gladly bought and shipped on your behalf in exchange for a lgc mdo2. wink.png

Btw. Any botl can introduce me to a sugar mama?

Bummer - didn't even think of that :(

But frankly, even with the discount, the deal was marginal for me - the most I ever paid for a jar was 450 Euros for the Boli 5ta Avenida Jar and that holds 25 of the most delicious cigars ever versus 20 robustos of which only 10 are limited production in this set ;)