maverickdrinker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought that I would start this off for the new year. Good to see what people's favorite or current libation is. Tonight, The Balvenie Portwood 21...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm feeling better today,  Not as dark, tense, and angry as I have been the past several days. Today was better. Chores around the house, building a new humidor, repaired a door frame, and just being

On 1/21/2024 at 12:35 AM, potpest said:

'06 Maximin Grunhauser Herrenberg Riesling Auslese

I need to drink more German wines. I was on a shopping spree a couple of years with some epic deals, but never ever open them. Not that I am holding off, but just never consider drinking them. 

Thanks for the nudge!

Absolutely agree. Found out they are in 75cl in the US while 70cl in Canada and Europe. Vaval and Casimir are at my other place... To date I found the Sajous the best to drink neat, the Communal for cocktails and the Rocher closer to Mescal with a smoked dry aroma. Beautiful stuff!

On 9/19/2023 at 8:20 AM, RicoIsHere said:

Never really liked Manhattans until I had one at this restaurant, made with high proof bourbon, and Cocci Chinato. I haven't opened the chinato yet but this one is pretty close!!!

Interesting take on a classic. Cheers. I usually like a Rye Whiskey in Manhattans and Old Fashioneds because some bourbons can be quite sweet already, making the cocktail a little too sweet. Enjoy. Love old school cocktails like this, and whisky sour and of course, negroni.

On 1/21/2024 at 12:35 AM, potpest said:

'06 Maximin Grunhauser Herrenberg Riesling Auslese

Yummo! The colour in the glass and smooth sheen is making me thirsty. I can almost taste it. Cheers