Tobacco beetles in BHK

So after a few weeks of finishing projects, school and holidays, I have some time to report about my Havana trip with the amazing people that make FOH what it is.

First, here is a video I shot with Marc (Brother Bear) when we found a hole, dust and a tobacco beetle in a BHK. There was a bunch of larvaes in it...

and the guy yelling in the back is our beloved Keith lol party.gif

Great Video Simon. In fact, I think it's one of the best on the web right now regarding these little beetles. II've been freezing my cigars for the last 6 years and, seeing this video, I don't intend to stop.

Damn Simon, hate to see that!?! Shoot, every now and then we all might as well start smoking some beetles out of a pipe to educate ourselves more on what we are smoking and the flavor profile they bring to cigars! LOL

Oh, and I love the matter-of-fact commentary by Marc, classic. Oh, here's another one... smile.png

Was it store bought or direct from the rolling table?

I'm guessing the freezing process which would have killed these guys happens after the rolling as I've seen beetle traps hanging over the colour grading and quality inspection tables in a factory!

Anyone know at what stage they're frozen? I'm assuming it would have to be before banding & boxing!

I have always heard that freezing is only for shipments outside of the country. Anything sold in Cuba is not frozen.

Beetles are very common in Cuba.

I've heard the same but if anyplace can benefit from freezing. It's Cuba!