A very cool find....

I know nothing about this box... but I want! Looking forward to more info

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Firstly, sorry for the larger photos, for those who have to wait for them to load up. I thought that keeping them fairly large would help here with any identification or whatnot.

Now, with this box and cigar, I haven't been able to find much info about these cigars, regarding their manufacture.

These were found at a family member's house this weekend. My wife and kids and I went to go visit my Aunt in the Niagara Falls area. About 5 years ago now, my Uncle sadly passed away, in his 50's. My Uncle was British (he used to call himself "Uncle Limey", and did a damn good Dame Edna impression). Back in the 70's, my Uncle immigrated to Canada, and married my Aunt. Being that my Uncle was British and him immigrating by himself, his father was still living in London, England I believe (if not, maybe Liverpool - can't quite remember off hand right now). This box was something that my Uncle received from his father's stuff, when his father passed away only about 10 years ago, about 4 or 5 years before my Uncle passed away.

My Uncle now and again enjoyed a cigar (only a few times a year thought), a habit that he picked up from his father, but my Uncle was mostly just a cigarette smoker. Anyhow, when his father died, my Uncle apparently received a few items from him, this box being one of them. His father never travelled to Cuba, to the best of my Aunt's knowledge, but that he bought his cigars locally in England. This cigar was apparently his treasured favourite type, she thinks.

The box has just been sitting on a shelf in the living room at my Aunt's house, just as a memento. There was only one cigar contained within, as shown. Neither the box nor the cigar has been humidified for years, but being that my Aunt's house isn't overly dry, both look fairly decent, with the cigar having no cracks or splits. The cigar does appear to be a hand-rolled, not showing any machine-made characteristics, to my eye. It has a perfect looking cap (not a pre-punched machine-style), and is within good quality cellophane that appears slightly yellowed by time. It also appears that the box was used at some point as a "coaster" perhaps, with some moisture rings stained into it's top from cold drinks likely, likely from my Uncle's father when he smoked from them. My Aunt has no further idea about the cigar itself, but is keeping it as a memento of my Uncle, in that he kept it as a memento of his father (one of apparently only a few things that he kept from him).

I am not thinking of smoking or doing otherwise with this cigar, or the box. It is something my Aunt wishes to keep, for sentimental reasons. I'm just looking for something further about the box and the cigar style itself.

I can't find much of anything online about this cigar. I've looked through Trevor's Cuban Cigar Website, as well as other online sources and searches. I've also looked through various Habanos S.A. publications, and Min Ron Nee's Encyclopaedia as well. I can't find any reference to these cigars. To the best of my knowledge, these appear to be from the 60's or 70's, based on the warranty seal particulars, as well as the "Hecho en Cuba" brand stamp. When I took these pictures at my Aunt's place this weekend, I didn't think about precisely measuring either of these two items, though.

So....any thoughts?

Great Story Keith :thumbsup:

I am sure with the resources at hand here on the forum ,you should get to bottom of this mystery

Bet of luck ,you have us all intrigued

OZ :cigar: