A very cool find....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So, I got word back from Rob Fox in Dublin. Again, an all around cool guy that I had the chance to make aquaintance with in Havana last November. He looked into this for me, just on a curiousity's sake, so I definitely appreciate it.

But....the plot thickens....LOL....

Hi Keith,

Happy new year, I hope you had a great Christmas break and smoked something nice!

The guys at Fox St James’s in discussion with Simon Chase have managed to come up with the following for your box of Upmann Premiers (cellophane),

They are from 1962 and are handmade. However, interestingly they were never available on the UK market – so the British connection that you were researching has come up short I am afraid. I appreciate this probably raises more questions than answers for you, but that is everything I can establish!

Best regards, and I hope to see you soon,

Rob

Cant really help you too much Art but one of the UKs oldest cigar merchants is in Liverpool and if they weren't available in the UK, Liverpool has always been a big port so could have got in through that, that is if it was Liverpool where your Uncle was from