iPhone 5

iPhone 5 - Will you be getting one?  

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I apologize for being rude, judgemental, and so biased in my earlier comments. I didn't mean to ostracize any iPhone owners and offend. Rereading my comments I regret them. Regardless, in a more civil way I think I could offer insight into the differences of Android v Apple, and why I think Android is superior, and why I have so much disdain for Apple.

For anyone I offended, let's start a new leaf. I am still new here and don't want to get started on the wrong foot.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I apologize for being rude, judgemental, and so biased in my earlier comments. I didn't mean to ostracize any iPhone owners and offend. Rereading my comments I regret them. Regardless, in a more civil way I think I could offer insight into the differences of Android v Apple, and why I think Android is superior, and why I have so much disdain for Apple.

For anyone I offended, let's start a new leaf. I am still new here and don't want to get started on the wrong foot.

Haha all good on my end mate, I'm not that easily offended. My earlier post was probably not the best way for me to get my point across either.

BTW welcome to the forum, look forward to your contributions in the future ;).

I use Apple products and PCs, but I am not hip or cool, don't live in my parents' basement, am not in high school, am not an IT geek, have a wife, own a house, and smoke skinny cigars. Does that make me confused???

One quick bit of advice for iOS6 users:

Go to Settings > General > About, then scroll down to the bottom and tap on Advertising, then toggle Limit Ad Tracking to On.

Otherwise basically every single app you have is sending your user data to advertisers and tracking your every move. . .

I use Apple products and PCs, but I am not hip or cool, don't live in my parents' basement, am not in high school, am not an IT geek, have a wife, own a house, and smoke skinny cigars. Does that make me confused???

I don't understand what you are asking Brandon! Do you want to debate it??? :jester:

-:pig:

PS: good post Wilkey! I almost called the guy a commie!!! -LOL (Please read in jest folks) :chicken:

One quick bit of advice for iOS6 users:

Go to Settings > General > About, then scroll down to the bottom and tap on Advertising, then toggle Limit Ad Tracking to On.

Otherwise basically every single app you have is sending your user data to advertisers and tracking your every move. . .

Thnx

Trevor, that would be an O2 Jet. I believe it is made by HTC and re-badged under the O2 brand. O2 are a service provider in the UK.

Thanks Fuzz.........simple, bluetooth, and quad band. Pity it is discontinued. Trevor.

Thanks Fuzz.........simple, bluetooth, and quad band. Pity it is discontinued. Trevor.

Yep that's the one, there are quite a few phones over here that are designed to this end of the market, eg a lot of older people like them. They have big buttons, huge battery life and just simple functions. It ticks all the boxes for my needs :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just ditched my non functioning BB Torch for my first IPhone...got the 5....quite a difference in functionality vs a BB, a little irritating but chalk that up to change....I'm done with BB, good riddance...don't have time now to go back through thread right now but I am interested to hear about all the cool and must have apps out there to check out...

Just ditched my non functioning BB Torch for my first IPhone...got the 5....quite a difference in functionality vs a BB, a little irritating but chalk that up to change....I'm done with BB, good riddance...don't have time now to go back through thread right now but I am interested to hear about all the cool and must have apps out there to check out...

I had the torch also & now have the Iphone 5 and love it. I wont go back to BB either

For me iPhone = boring neutral.gif

I'll wait until it's upgrade time, do my homework and see what's available then

...Apple SERIOUSLY needs to upgrade the look of iOS!!! Looks the same as with the first iPhone. Seriously boring.

For me iPhone = boring

Interesting perspective. For me, a smartphone is a tool. If it's efficient, effective, and robust, it fulfills every meta-need I have for such a device. The exciting comes from the content and services I access, not the physical characteristics of the hardware or the interface. I suppose this is because it's not a fetish item for me like flashlights and knives. Now those things, as mundane as they can be, need to excite me to join the collection.

That said, I continue to be pleased with the iPhone 5 as a tool. The only thing I wish it had in some form is GoogleNow.

Wilkey

Interesting perspective. For me, a smartphone is a tool. If it's efficient, effective, and robust, it fulfills every meta-need I have for such a device. The exciting comes from the content and services I access, not the physical characteristics of the hardware or the interface. I suppose this is because it's not a fetish item for me like flashlights and knives. Now those things, as mundane as they can be, need to excite me to join the collection.

That said, I continue to be pleased with the iPhone 5 as a tool. The only thing I wish it had in some form is GoogleNow.

Wilkey

I've got a hammer that is quite boring, but I always thought if I put on some cool pinstriping and maybe some flame decals on the head it would look hella cool! B)