Best Coronas Gordas

1) Siglo IV

2) JL 1

3) SLR Serie A

I have not had good luck with the Magnum 46, but I think that is just the box I have. The Epi 1 is fine, but the three above are superior in my opinion.

Enjoy your sampling.

Corona Gorda is one of my favorite vitolas. I'm not sure about current production but I have some 2001 JL # 1s that are easily among the best in my humidor at least. I've always enjoyed the SLR A's. Siglo IV's and the Punch Punch can be phenomenal as well.

I'm a Corona Gorda guy.

I love them all,

For their different blends,

For their different tastes,

For their different moods,

For their different pleasures,

For their different atmostphere,

For their different .................................Silence. B)

+1! :thumbsup:

I only have two in my humidor. I am a fan of the Mag 46. Fresh, they seen to always deliver, and age well based on my limited experience. Sig IV are very refined and just give off an essence of elegance and refinement.

Trade or buy a few of those mentioned by everyone here and decide where your palette resides.

Cheers!

NNJ

Not a corona gorda, but a gordito, which is more a robusto (RG: 50) than a corona…

I know, but it's that brand's "corona gorda" (but yeah, thanks for pointing that out - didn't mean to potentially confuse others). Closest thing SCDLH has to the sizing, unfortunately. (Same with Monte with the robusto format - oooooh, what I would give for a regular release Monte Rob!)

If SCDLH had a true CG, and a non-box-pressed / cabinet version at that, all nice and in-the-round, I'd be in heaven!!

Don't forget to try the El Rey Del Mundo Demi Tasse....best CG coming out of Cuba today. :2thumbs:

Were you being sarcastic? The Demi Tasse is an Entreactos and is TINY (30 x 3.9")!

Were you being sarcastic? The Demi Tasse is an Entreactos and is TINY (30 x 3.9")!

I think the sarcasm is obvious. Well-placed in my opinion. We can all read up on what the precise sizes are. The Bolivar Corona Extra is the closest vitola to a corona gorda within the current Bolivar line-up.