robert griffin III

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad this thread popped up as I'm a huge Tom Terrific fan and so happy when someone who isn't gifted works their balls off to make magic happen, while the gifted kids are just a flash in the pan. John

I think the downside is that if Hugh Jackson builds an offense around RGIII's skill sets and he goes down, as he has done a few times before, you have a pocket passer as the back-up in an offense he c

as a diehard browns fan who lives in DC, i cant f*&king escape this guy

1 hour ago, brutusthebuckeye said:

He's back..Can he make it thru a whole game?  

I would love this to be the start of one of the great personal comebacks in NFL history. 

It's 1000 - 1  but he just has to play well over 4 games to find a foothold on what has been one of the slipperiest slopes I have ever witnessed. 

extraordinary story. sad one. in DC, he was billed as the great role model. at least for a while. among other things. the saviour of the franchise. moves to the browns (not blaming them for this) and next thing, his wife and young child apparently find out on social media that he is dating some east german? and the two of them seem to spend their days sending "positive" messages about overcoming adversity and so on. and endless religious tosh. adversity is a lot easier to overcome if you don't spend all day doing everything you can to attract it.

i'd like to see the kid do well. he gave us a great ride for a year at the skins.

but for browns fans, there is a lot of talk on skins forums that cousins may get a non-exclusive franchise tag allowing the browns to pick him up for two first round picks. for me, crazy. we finally have a decent QB, you don't let him go.

wondering about the thoughts at the other end. would you do the deal? mind you, if you did, poor old RG3 would be kicked out of a second team by kirk.

1 hour ago, Ken Gargett said:

extraordinary story. sad one. in DC, he was billed as the great role model. at least for a while. among other things. the saviour of the franchise. moves to the browns (not blaming them for this) and next thing, his wife and young child apparently find out on social media that he is dating some east german? and the two of them seem to spend their days sending "positive" messages about overcoming adversity and so on. and endless religious tosh. adversity is a lot easier to overcome if you don't spend all day doing everything you can to attract it.

i'd like to see the kid do well. he gave us a great ride for a year at the skins.

but for browns fans, there is a lot of talk on skins forums that cousins may get a non-exclusive franchise tag allowing the browns to pick him up for two first round picks. for me, crazy. we finally have a decent QB, you don't let him go.

wondering about the thoughts at the other end. would you do the deal? mind you, if you did, poor old RG3 would be kicked out of a second team by kirk.

This Skins are close again to being on the outside looking in (in jeopardy of making the playoffs).

No way the Clowns give up both first round pick for Cousins..they need to many pieces..

I listen to Cleveland sports talk every day and that's the first time I've ever heard that rumor Ken..

As for RG3 ..to much hype..just ruined the kid..and trying to resurrect his career in Cleveland sounded great..resurrect his career and the franchise becomes a hero blah blah blah..but he just can't stay on the field  

The Browns have 4 games left...if he makes it thru one I will be surprised the O line is horrible and it's going to be cold and windy in Cleveland Sunday..Good luck RG3..

12 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

No, you don't do that deal, and that's why it's possible Washington franchise him.  He's a nice QB, but nobody is giving up 2 first rounders for him.  Washington would take that in a heartbeat.  I think another franchise tag makes the most sense with him.  The money (and more importantly, cap hit) it would require to sign him to a long term deal is absurd.

As for RG3, I'd love to see him get a win.  The Browns and Cleveland don't deserve the indignity of an 0-16 season.  And as it stands, the last QB to win a game for the Browns?  Johnny Manziel.  I think we'd all like to see that erased.

We will see Cody Kessler again before the end of the season guaranteed. Cleveland needs an offensive line and a secondary before they think about another QB. Watching how well Mitchell Schwartz played for KC last night was very disheartening.

• Like 1

i think you are right about the two picks. no idea where the rumour started but it has picked up a lot of steam in skins circles. skins gave cousins the chance to prove himself and largely, he has. putting up big numbers. has good weapons (apparently we are 32nd in spending on defence - and that was after we paid 75 mill for norman, who has been about the only free agent in 20 years plus who has earnt his money) though likely to lose djax in the off-season. still plenty of good WRs and reed/davis. for me, he is in the top 13rd of QBs in the comp but not better than that yet.

but he is likely to be the only proven decent QB available this season. so he can ask massive dollars. skins took the risk not signing last year and i understand why but it is now going to cost them (fortunately, they have plenty of space for next year). they might tag him again but that is $24 mill and if he has another good year, he'll then cost even more.

Skins are not trading Cousins.  They are going to have to pay him.  No matter the complaints against him his stats are impressive and he was played well after a bad start.  He is only going to get better.  Sure they will have to jettison one of the wide receivers after the season.  Probably Jackson as he cant stay on the field and Crowder is coming along nicely.  And don't forget if their first round pick from last year ever recovers there is another receiver.

Washington needs to build their lines.  Especially the defensive line.  Not tear down the starting qb.  ;)

BTW, I have not heard anything about this deal.  So have no idea how it got started or where it is coming from.

13 hours ago, anacostiakat said:

Skins are not trading Cousins.  They are going to have to pay him.  No matter the complaints against him his stats are impressive and he was played well after a bad start.  He is only going to get better.  Sure they will have to jettison one of the wide receivers after the season.  Probably Jackson as he cant stay on the field and Crowder is coming along nicely.  And don't forget if their first round pick from last year ever recovers there is another receiver.

Washington needs to build their lines.  Especially the defensive line.  Not tear down the starting qb.  ;)

BTW, I have not heard anything about this deal.  So have no idea how it got started or where it is coming from.

it is being discussed a lot on some of the forums - burg and gold nation etc - but i am in agreement with you. we pay him. and we have the dosh to do it this time.

whether we can pay both WRs is definitely another thing and it seems likely we won't. garcon is reliable but saw where charlie C said that they should keep djax, no question, because of his speed. but injury and age is a concern.

and yes, DL. and safeties. crucial.

On 12/9/2016 at 0:28 PM, Blazer said:

We will see Cody Kessler again before the end of the season guaranteed. Cleveland needs an offensive line and a secondary before they think about another QB. Watching how well Mitchell Schwartz played for KC last night was very disheartening.

Brownies tmrw in a snow storm, what could possibly go wrong.  My free 14th row tickets still seem overpriced...the things I do for my Bengal fan wife...

11 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

it is being discussed a lot on some of the forums - burg and gold nation etc - but i am in agreement with you. we pay him. and we have the dosh to do it this time.

whether we can pay both WRs is definitely another thing and it seems likely we won't. garcon is reliable but saw where charlie C said that they should keep djax, no question, because of his speed. but injury and age is a concern.

and yes, DL. and safeties. crucial.

Oh ok.  I don't visit the forums.  I did see the comment about DJax as well.  My thoughts were just that he misses a lot of games. LOL

I've had the pleasure of watching RG3 and Johnny Football play from HS up through college (in person) and into the pro's.   In HS and college they were constantly going against lesser skilled players and coaches who could not scheme a defense against them.  As a result, they stacked their stats and won many awards during this time.  No need to develop their drop back passing skills or learn how to read a defense because their legs could make plays enough for them to win.   Move to nowadays and it became too clear that both do not have the skill set to be anything but be a 3rd string backup while going against bigger, stronger, smarter defensive players/coaches.  Sure RG3 had that one year but defenses caught up to his methods and injuries set him back some.   In my opinion,  Johnny will never see another game due to lifestyle choices and RG3 will slowly fade into oblivion because of lack of skills/durability.  Sad because these two were very exciting players growing up, they just didn't have the skill set that transferred to the NFL.   all this is just my humble opinion.   GO COWBOYS

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bman75 said:

First time I ever left a Browns game early.  I was simply no longer being entertained.  Sad.

You must be a 2 weeks old Browns fan.  It's been a long time since the Browns were entertaining.  I believe this year they are the only team who was eliminated from playoff contention after the preseason games.  The Browns this year have a good chance of losing all preseason and regular season game.  Historical!

RG III will not save them.  At this stage in his career he's going to get injured or play like one who's afraid of being injured never-mind that the morale around him is non-existent.  It will be a miracle if RG III can play 4 consecutive games without getting injured.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Baldy said:

You must be a 2 weeks old Browns fan.  It's been a long time since the Browns were entertaining.  I believe this year they are the only team who was eliminated from playoff contention after the preseason games.  The Browns this year have a good chance of losing all preseason and regular season game.  Historical!

RG III will not save them.  At this stage in his career he's going to get injured or play like one who's afraid of being injured never-mind that the morale around him is non-existent.  It will be a miracle if RG III can play 4 consecutive games without getting injured.

given the skins record of defensive coaches, and the selection of them by the powers that be, i am assuming that we are already trying to sign your defensive coach.

23 minutes ago, brutusthebuckeye said:

Robert..You stink as a QB..

And Hue Jackson thinking he could resurrect his career in Cleveland has me questioning his credibility as a head coach and alleged "quarterback whisperer"guru..

What a total flaming pile of sh!t the Browns are...

kept an eye on the game today.  There were plenty of throws that RGIII would take back. 

However

NO ONE ON THE BROWNS CAN CATCH!   Balls were bouncing off their chests :o

RGIII ended with the same numbers as the opposing QB Taylor. That is a miracle in itself. 

34 minutes ago, brutusthebuckeye said:

Robert..You stink as a QB..

And Hue Jackson thinking he could resurrect his career in Cleveland has me questioning his credibility as a head coach and alleged "quarterback whisperer"guru..

What a total flaming pile of sh!t the Browns are...

only saw the highlights, and may i say that i am delighted he is not our problem any more, but they showed a couple of good throws and some excellent runs, especially the one for the TD. in fairness, the bloke is coming back from a season out and most of this season injured and playing with an utterly crap team. given some time, who knows?

he did top your rushing. threw no interceptions. and apparently didn't get injured.

he has had worse days.