robert griffin III

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad this thread popped up as I'm a huge Tom Terrific fan and so happy when someone who isn't gifted works their balls off to make magic happen, while the gifted kids are just a flash in the pan. John

I think the downside is that if Hugh Jackson builds an offense around RGIII's skill sets and he goes down, as he has done a few times before, you have a pocket passer as the back-up in an offense he c

as a diehard browns fan who lives in DC, i cant f*&king escape this guy

Nobody could run with Vick when he first came into nfl ....10 years or so later hes still without a ring ..prison didnt help ...can RG3 stay in the pocket and beat teams that way?.....we will find out...

Old Thread!....what is the consensus on RG3 so far....Does he come back strong next year? Does he get injured agin? Or

Does he go the way of Vince Young /Ryan Leaf The ****?

granted an ordinary year so far but remember this time last year, cam newton was being called a one year wonder, had been worked out, was no good. it was all over. a year later he is having a banner year.

rg3 is having a year where he'll be learning a great deal, coming face to face with reality. the knee has been discussed ad naseum. he is working in a team that has been penalised in the most iniquitous, pernicious disgraceful salary cap penalty of $18 mill a year for two years (if you watched the skins eagles game, they detailed 9 of the top eagles starters, including guys like mccoy etc, who the skins could have afforded without that penalty - had they been available) meaning there is no depth. the offensive line has been dire. the defence bog average. the receivers would drop a cold.

he has still done reasonably, though well short of his form last year.

if he is half as good as he indicated last year, or that people think he is, he will be back.

i think also that his character sets him a million miles apart from grubs like leaf.

also worth noting 49er's kaepernick.

last year, another young QB headed for stardom. this year, also struggling. but again, clearly a talented kid. made the superbowl - had rg3 not done the knee, they might have faced off in the NFC c'ship game. hard to see him not coming back.

Ken, sorry to see you are a Redskins fan. I live here in the DC area, and on the local news there seems to be some dissention in the ranks and finger pointing within the team. Some players feel that Griffin is not taking his part of responsibility for the losses. Granted, to me he is a kid, only 23 years old and he is only one player in a team sport. Anyway, glad my NY Giants are starting to rebound and win games, they are no longer in the bottom of their division. FWIW, I will be rooting for the 49ers to whip up on the Skins Monday night, LOL

Ken, sorry to see you are a Redskins fan. I live here in the DC area, and on the local news there seems to be some dissention in the ranks and finger pointing within the team. Some players feel that Griffin is not taking his part of responsibility for the losses. Granted, to me he is a kid, only 23 years old and he is only one player in a team sport. Anyway, glad my NY Giants are starting to rebound and win games, they are no longer in the bottom of their division. FWIW, I will be rooting for the 49ers to whip up on the Skins Monday night, LOL

and i am in a quandry.

giants v cowgirls.

i utterly detest them both (years ago, i quite liked the giants but i have grown out of it).

the only good thing about that match-up is that we will never see it in a superbowl.

this is the nfl version of england playing new zealand.

we just have to hope for as few survivors as possible.

not that one would wish an injury on anyone of course...

• 1 year later...

When you get benched and they put Colt F'n McCoy in you are officially a BUST....

This guy was hyped to the moon not only on talent but character as well...Yikes!!!

Sorry To beat up on your boy D.....

Go Browns....

I blame RG!!! and Shanahan 50-50 he was fine until the first injury but has not recovered since. confidence shot

I believe that he/RG3 was overhyped from the beginning .Way to fragile and inaccurate to play in the NFL. And now two years later there are serious questions about his heart and leadership.Seems like even his teamates are giving up on him.To bad for RG3 put at least he is still getting paid$$$$$$

Hard to believe I am rooting for the third string qb to be put in. :lol3:

RG3 is probably done in DC. He has not been able to adjust to being a dropback passer. That in addition to a horrible pass blocking offensive line spelled his doom.

He is also way too fragile to run the type of offense he ran his first year. And he needs to keep his mouth shut. :lol3:

I live in the DC area but am not a Redskin fan. It has made for some interesting sports talk radio here the past couple of weeks. However, as a Jets fan I have zero sympathy for teh fan base; my team is a complete dumpster fire

• 1 year later...

If i was a gamblin man ...i would bet the house on this kid being a BUST ....just my 2 cents...Note:if the Browns would have drafted him i would of bet my parents house 2....

Browns signed RGme...another Heisman winner from Texas..this will end well..bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

from the washington post

And now Johnny Football will pass the Cleveland quarterbacking torch to Griffin. The pass will land out of bounds. Then Griffin will injure himself trying to pick it up.

in fairness, the kid had an absolutely magical season and then, for a number of reasons - serious injury, opposition becoming wiser, idiot coaches who tried to shoehorn him into unsuitable systems, and of course, some very much of his own making - failed to continue.

i wish him all the best, except of course when the browns play us. and wuth the browns visiting the skins this year, that will be interesting. how does the crowd react to him? i'm guessing very favourably. if he blows the skins off the park, that will place a spotlight firmly on gruden.

if the NFL has a sense of humour, they schedule that game for week 1.

• Like 1

Glad this thread popped up as I'm a huge Tom Terrific fan and so happy when someone who isn't gifted works their balls off to make magic happen, while the gifted kids are just a flash in the pan. Johnny Football makes me sick.

Brady:

6th Round. #199

Stepped off bench in year two for the chance of a lifetime. Won Superbowl... then a few more. Married worlds biggest supermodel, making quite a bit more than him (about $15 MIL, give or take). One another at 37. Lost 2. That's 6 appearances total. No flash, just work. The only flash Brady had was Moss and while 18-0 that season, SB loss and Moss didn't perform. Hate Belichick if you wish, but if you hate Brady it's pure jealousy.

post-28697-0-97987700-1458869996_thumb.j

• Like 3

from the washington post

And now Johnny Football will pass the Cleveland quarterbacking torch to Griffin. The pass will land out of bounds. Then Griffin will injure himself trying to pick it up.

in fairness, the kid had an absolutely magical season and then, for a number of reasons - serious injury, opposition becoming wiser, idiot coaches who tried to shoehorn him into unsuitable systems, and of course, some very much of his own making - failed to continue.

i wish him all the best, except of course when the browns play us. and wuth the browns visiting the skins this year, that will be interesting. how does the crowd react to him? i'm guessing very favourably. if he blows the skins off the park, that will place a spotlight firmly on gruden.

if the NFL has a sense of humour, they schedule that game for week 1.

Unfortunately for RG3 the Browns are probably not going to be able to protect him. Their offensive line and the quality of their receivers is not good. I am sure the Browns will probably draft a QB again anyway. Not sure RG3 can beat out the incumbent. Wish him the best in any event.

Unfortunately for RG3 the Browns are probably not going to be able to protect him. Their offensive line and the quality of their receivers is not good. I am sure the Browns will probably draft a QB again anyway. Not sure RG3 can beat out the incumbent. Wish him the best in any event.

To me, this is the only reason that taking RGIII makes sense. Whoever is back behind that makeshift line is going to need to run for their life and better a reclamation project than the franchise QB they take at #2.

The real concern is that the franchise just got rid of a drama queen at QB In JFball, where the head coach was brow beaten continuously about attitude and off-the field issues, and RGIII brings a lot of that stigma again. Additionally, if you look at the Browns 2015 campaign QB was the least of their issues, other than their ability to stay healthy, McKown and Davis played really well. McKown would make a much better bridge QB for the #2 pick and has embraced the mentor role. RGIII is all about RGIII and I see the same division in the depth chart that existed in DC.

• Like 1

To me, this is the only reason that taking RGIII makes sense. Whoever is back behind that makeshift line is going to need to run for their life and better a reclamation project than the franchise QB they take at #2.

The real concern is that the franchise just got rid of a drama queen at QB In JFball, where the head coach was brow beaten continuously about attitude and off-the field issues, and RGIII brings a lot of that stigma again. Additionally, if you look at the Browns 2015 campaign QB was the least of their issues, other than their ability to stay healthy, McKown and Davis played really well. McKown would make a much better bridge QB for the #2 pick and has embraced the mentor role. RGIII is all about RGIII and I see the same division in the depth chart that existed in DC.

i reckon we'll finally see whether rg3 really was rgme or if there was a lot of beat up and personal assassination and he got a bad deal. i doubt any of us really know the full truth.

gruden did him no favours. nor did injuries. but he didn't necessarily handle a lot of things well. be interesting to see how he responds. i also wish him the best, except when they play us.

interesting reports now coming through that the browns will go best player, not a QB. i guess that would show whether they have rg3 in mind as the starter or not.