robert griffin III

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad this thread popped up as I'm a huge Tom Terrific fan and so happy when someone who isn't gifted works their balls off to make magic happen, while the gifted kids are just a flash in the pan. John

I think the downside is that if Hugh Jackson builds an offense around RGIII's skill sets and he goes down, as he has done a few times before, you have a pocket passer as the back-up in an offense he c

as a diehard browns fan who lives in DC, i cant f*&king escape this guy

• 2 months later...
On 7/18/2012 at 7:21 PM, brutusthebuckeye said:

If i was a gamblin man ...i would bet the house on this kid being a BUST ....just my 2 cents...Note:if the Browns would have drafted him i would of bet my parents house 2....

I should have made the bet...and then the Clowns end up with him 4 yrs later and he flames there too...hilarious  

What ever happened to Brazoeagle??

I went back through this thread and wow was he talkin some crazy stuff. 

Robert Griffin III was a over hyped Billy "white shoes"Johnson. 

Mel Kiper and ESPN should get half the money Robert made in the NFL. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, brutusthebuckeye said:

I should have made the bet...and then the Clowns end up with him 4 yrs later and he flames there too...hilarious  

What ever happened to Brazoeagle??

I went back through this thread and wow was he talkin some crazy stuff. 

Robert Griffin III was a over hyped Billy "white shoes"Johnson. 

Mel Kiper and ESPN should get half the money Robert made in the NFL. 

hey, while we have that drooling, mental deficient allen in charge of the eskins, we are expecting them to resign rg3 for another crack. the only thing that stuns me is that we didn't give the browns our first round pick for him.

• 1 year later...

He's Back.

He will be signing with the Ravens early next week and competing for a backup spot behind Joe Flacco. How any team can decide he is a better option that Colin Kapernick is beyond me. They have very similar playing styles and RG3 is several more years/severe injuries removed from his year of acceptable performance than Kap is. 

It will be interesting to see the structure of the contract and if he was able to finagle any guaranteed money out of the Ravens, or if this is just a glorified  camp try out.  

Ya just hope Flacco stays healthy. Cause Griffin won't last two games before he is hurt. He probably will go running to the sidelines, not slide and break an ankle. Hey wait, he did that didn't he?

6 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

He's Back.

He will be signing with the Ravens early next week and competing for a backup spot behind Joe Flacco. How any team can decide he is a better option that Colin Kapernick is beyond me. They have very similar playing styles and RG3 is several more years/severe injuries removed from his year of acceptable performance than Kap is. 

It will be interesting to see the structure of the contract and if he was able to finagle any guaranteed money out of the Ravens, or if this is just a glorified  camp try out.  

Its quite simple: 

RGIII - An amazing athlete who caught lightning in a bottle and fizzled out.  

Kap -  An amazing athlete who caught lightning in a bottle, fizzled out, created a media circus/PR crisis and became a distraction.

What coach or GM in his right mind would invite that in to their organization?   

30 minutes ago, SignalJoe said:

Its quite simple: 

RGIII - An amazing athlete who caught lightning in a bottle and fizzled out.  

Kap -  An amazing athlete who caught lightning in a bottle, fizzled out, created a media circus/PR crisis and became a distraction.

What coach or GM in his right mind would invite that in to their organization?   

Yeah, RG III's childish, selfish behavior and relationship (or lack thereof) with his coaches and team mates was never a distraction.............

A Coach/GMs job is to win the Super Bowl, not a popularity contest. I guarantee 95% of the "I'm never watching again" crowd is right back in front of the TV if their team makes it to the super bowl this year. Far worse human beings have been welcomed back into the league with open arms (convicted murderer anyone?) so lets get off our high horse with this crap. It's a game, lets not take these (mostly kids) to seriously. 

1 hour ago, Corylax18 said:

Yeah, RG III's childish, selfish behavior and relationship (or lack thereof) with his coaches and team mates was never a distraction.............

A Coach/GMs job is to win the Super Bowl, not a popularity contest. I guarantee 95% of the "I'm never watching again" crowd is right back in front of the TV if their team makes it to the super bowl this year. Far worse human beings have been welcomed back into the league with open arms (convicted murderer anyone?) so lets get off our high horse with this crap. It's a game, lets not take these (mostly kids) to seriously. 

The NFL has openly welcomed back all manners of criminals (murderers, suspected murderers, drug user/dealers, drunk drivers, women beaters, etc, etc.), however none of them have brought as much negative publicity to their organization and the league as Kaepernick.  It is understandable to disagree with it, its another thing all together to deny it.  The other aspect is the owner whose primary interest is financial (the NFL is a business above all else) would have to approve such a signing.  I can't think of too many owners who would be willing to take that risk.  Bear in mind the one owner who was willing to do so was rewarded by being publicly compared to a slave owner by Kaepernick's girlfriend.  He also happens to be the same owner who just signed RGIII.   

12 hours ago, SignalJoe said:

The NFL has openly welcomed back all manners of criminals (murderers, suspected murderers, drug user/dealers, drunk drivers, women beaters, etc, etc.), however none of them have brought as much negative publicity to their organization and the league as Kaepernick.  It is understandable to disagree with it, its another thing all together to deny it.  The other aspect is the owner whose primary interest is financial (the NFL is a business above all else) would have to approve such a signing.  I can't think of too many owners who would be willing to take that risk.  Bear in mind the one owner who was willing to do so was rewarded by being publicly compared to a slave owner by Kaepernick's girlfriend.  He also happens to be the same owner who just signed RGIII.   

I'm definitely not disagreeing regarding the presence of negative press, its there and would be there. While signing Kap would certainly bring some Short Term negative press, that would go away instantly if said team wins. Lets hypothetically plug Kap into Nick Foles' position last year. If Kap had come in, played well, saved the season, won the super bowl MVP award, etc. He would be a hero right now, the Eagles would be geniuses for signing him and all that "lost cash" would suddenly be some very confusing memory. 

If the Coaches, Owners, and GMs making these decisions were honest about their intentions that would be one thing. Unfortunately they continue to insist on sitting in interviews and embarrassing themselves. Johnny Manziel got a work out last week, yes, that Johnny Manziel, but no one is even remotely interested in Kap for "football reasons." That's the story and their sticking to it. These guys don't seem to have any problem blatantly lying directly to the people that pay their bills (the fans), but somehow they are "maintaining the moral high ground" by not signing someone who exercised their right to protest? 

Do you think its a coincidence that the Ravens announced they "will be signing" RG III the day before their head coach and GM are being deposed, under oath, in the Kap Collusion case? The article below, which was written by a lawyer, has some interesting insight along these lines. The NFL seems to consistently handle these big PR issues as poorly as humanly possible. From Ray Rice and Greg Hardy, to Tom Brady, Kap, and plenty that I can't remember the message seems to be confused and driven purely by perception. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/