SLR Serie A - PLU MAY 11

asmith

All I could think through the entire video was "been there!".

Well done for struggling on, all for our benefit :thumbsup:

The only SLR I've tried is the Regio but I have a few 2008 churchills coming my way from a trade. Will have to try and pick up some Serie A now as well.

famous last words, "one piece can't hurt"

:covereyes:

Had my first serie A last year and I really loved it. I could be talked into buying a box of these for sure.

I'll make a cameo in one of these someday

I think you should Mate, Way to save this Review Kurt,I think the KFC saved the day!

You know Smithy, Rob, I gotta thank you for this review, its exactly what I needed this morning, just two mates having a laugh and smoking cigars, put a smile to my face, Thanks for cheering me up this morning. Cheers.

Well done Rob & smithy,

Aside from the Johnny Walker & the KFC, It was great to finally see a review on this fine

Habano. :clap:

The SLR Series A has been one of my go to cigar for over, scheeeh, for soooo long

that I can't even remember anymore, at least 25 years.

I've seen a real change in the blend since 2007-2008 and I must say, for the better.

As I've already said here on the forum, I'm a Corona Gorda Guy and, for the moment, not

ready to change.

I love the delicate notes with earthness, slight leathery, nutty, honey, goodness me,

I'm getting carried away, LOL

To make a long story short, there will always be SLR Series A and HdM Epicure No.1 in

my humidor. As long as Cuba makes them, they will stay my every day cigars. :yes:

Well done Rob & smithy,

Aside from the Johnny Walker & the KFC, It was great to finally see a review on this fine

Habano. :clap:

The SLR Series A has been one of my go to cigar for over, scheeeh, for soooo long

that I can't even remember anymore, at least 25 years.

I've seen a real change in the blend since 2007-2008 and I must say, for the better.

As I've already said here on the forum, I'm a Corona Gorda Guy and, for the moment, not

ready to change.

I love the delicate notes with earthness, slight leathery, nutty, honey, goodness me,

I'm getting carried away, LOL

To make a long story short, there will always be SLR Series A and HdM Epicure No.1 in

my humidor. As long as Cuba makes them, they will stay my every day cigars. :yes:

Funny how people's tastes differ. I used to love the SLR A & bought multiple cabs & boxes from 2002. The ones from 06 on are indeed quite different, but I much prefer the 02s.

enjoyed the complete 180 of energy level after the KFC arrived... Sounds like quite an enjoyable stick may have to purchase a few of these in the near future..

You're talking about the Serie A, not the KFC drumstick, right?

Hey, that might be a good idea for a sampler pack: 5 SLR Serie A and a 10-piece bucket.

Rob, next time you are out writing on the deck you should pen an article giving us some, "Good Husband Advice". I'll even write your opening tidbit for you, "When you find yourself in the doghouse, ensure you come home the following day smelling of equal parts scotch, fried chicken and stale cigar smoke!" Classic review Gents, great work!

Bought a box of these last year from Czar. I think the code is ABR 11. Smoked a couple and decided they need some time to rest. Sounds like it may be time to sample again..... Thanks for the review!

You're talking about the Serie A, not the KFC drumstick, right?

Hey, that might be a good idea for a sampler pack: 5 SLR Serie A and a 10-piece bucket.

quite possibly one of each always looking for new things to compliment a cigar hahaha..

Well done. I always look forward to these reviews. The information is great but the entertainment is priceless!!

-Karl