What was your first Job?

This was a hilarious deck conversation Friday :rotfl:

What was your first full "ish" time Job?

Artie kassos ....one of Australias leading accountants today was a DJ....known as King Artie ..."The King of clubs"

I sold Timeshare on Tangalooma Island during the University Holidays....I remember making what I thought was a forutne over the 12 week Christmas break :D

Smithy was a Roadie for the Chippendales Men strip revue. ......OK I may have made that up ;)

Ken is still waiting for a full time job.....

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first job was working in a store at a dept store over here ,not for long though and I have done virtually everything in between upholsterer ,Roadie ( rock band ),and finally what a do today a Printer

OZ :cigar:

Damn I had to think on this one....ummm....... shoveling wheat into an auger inside a steel field wheat bin, 46 degrees outside the bin.. Lovely work. NOT! LOL. rotfl.gif

Driver/delivery boy for a flower shop. Lots of trips to funeral homes.

Then at the counter of something called burger boy food-a-rama(this was around 1966-67). I quit after they made us clock out but stay two or three hours to clean up.

Next, unloaded/loaded crates of peppers, tomatoes, corn, etc. at a truck farm cooperative.

I do not miss the old days.

Stocking shelves at a local department store called Kmart.

Then on to bagging groceries at a local grocery store.

After high school I got into the plumbers apprenticeship program and I am now a UA Journeyman Plumber.

-Karl

I worked in a chocolate shop. We made different types of luxury chocolates, here in little old southwestern Ontario, but had customers from all over North America. Truffles, fudges, almond bark, specialty pretzels, chocolate-everything (licorice, candied orange rind, ants, etc.), liquor-based chocolates, etc., etc. Lots of nice ice creams, candies (the Jelly Belly brand was just getting big then), specialty coffees, etc. All the chocolates and fudge and whatnot were made from scratch right there in the store, tempered and made on hand from base chocolate.

I grew up farming sweet corn and peanuts. That is as full time as it gets. One week in high school, i worked over 120 hours on the farm.

But once I finished college, my first job was a Traveling Leadership Consultant for a National Social Fraternity. My job was to travel to 55 different colleges and universities throughout the US and try to help them stay out of trouble. Pay was crap, but it was a pretty awesome job.