Best young cigar

I have just started my Cuban collection. I purchased three boxes and now am trying to figure out the best method to abstain from burning them young. I have plenty of NCs but they do not bring me as much joy these days. What should I do? I looked at the aged stock and it is too pricey. Please tell me what you did your first couple years.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Roman Allones Extra 2011 LE is getting rave reviews, but they have been aged two years already. I'd be happpy with anything by H.Upmann brand new, they are making some amazing cigars straight off the rolling table.

You can't go wrong with some Upmann Mag 46s 2011.

Sample packs are always a great way to find ou what brands you like or disklike too, I love some brands but hate others, they can be so vastly different.

Enjoy the search for your ultimate cigar :thumbsup:

Great. My first three boxes were H Upmann 46's and 2 25 ct boli PCs. I guess those 46's will burn this year. I am weary of the samplers because I would only get one fresh example of each. I would almost rather buy a box off blind faith from the reviews here.

Yep, you could do far worse than a starter collection of something like:

Mag 46

Partagas Shorts

PLPC

Monte Petit Edmundos

R&J Short Churchills

HDM Epi #2

You're going to have cream, toasty tobacco, chocolate, cherry, sweet ceder, biscuit, fruit and spice with those :perfect10:

I'm sure others can add some of the dark side brands like Bolivar for the expresso and bonfire profiles :thumbsup:

Mag 46

Partagas Shorts

PLPC

Monte Petit Edmundos

R&J Short Churchills

HDM Epi #2

You're going to have cream, toasty tobacco, chocolate, cherry, sweet ceder, biscuit, fruit and spice with those :perfect10:

I'm sure others can add some of the dark side brands like Bolivar for the expresso and bonfire profiles :thumbsup:

This is a nice group of smokes to choose from.

That sounds great. I think I will dedicate my cigar budget to the list provided. I will repost when it is complete and inquire as to my second mission. Young Trout Killer over and out.

Keep the suggestions coming. I am actually having fun at work today!

My favorite young cigar right now is the Cohiba Siglo VI production right now is smoking outstanding....special mention goes to the BBF as well, outstanding right now...

I assume you'll find cigars with a couple of years of age on them by asking Czar people.

I fell totally in love with Cubans by smoking a Ramon Allones Specially Selected. Liked also Montecristos (2,3,4,5) in the beginning of my journey, MCs are usually good when young IMO. When smoked my first Partagas Short I noticed that I had just found a total winner for me and they are said to be good when young by many people here. Personally I like to age them a couple of years though. Just my 2 cents..

Mag 46

Partagas Shorts

PLPC

Monte Petit Edmundos

R&J Short Churchills

HDM Epi #2

Hey, man!

Great general advice by captainquintero. However, I would start with a PC sampler first.

Best way to know what is ready to smoke is Pres, Smitty and video reviews. You can also trust the reviews of people here when they say a cigar is "on".