Best young cigar

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

What the other guys have said is sound advice ,love them all ,now the hard part the best way I have found is to buy as many boxes you can afford and or store ,and before to long you will always be smoking cigars with a bit of age on them

OZ :cigar:

I am in the process of buying more than I should allow myself to afford. I do love me and need to make sure I'm satisfied. Within a couple years I will be in position to smoke some older cigars. It is so hard being a rookie.

First, don't but a cigar because someone else likes it. Second, don't buy a box to start. Buy a sampler of various brands & see what YOU like. Once you determine that, buy two boxes or a cab of each. That way you'll be able to age & smoke the cigar.

Im going the exact opposite route. Since I can't seem to find a Cuban that I dont like, I am buying boxes of cigars that I have never tried and trying to stash them away. If I end up with something that I genuinely do not like, it'll be all that much more easy to forget about them for a couple of years.

I have already been witness to the benefits of ageing and the improvements can be quite remarkable.

That being said...the current Partagas D4's are smoking great! I dont know if that particular box will last much beyond the spring.

May as well get two... :cigar:

I bought a box 4 or 5 months ago from cigar czar & was sitting on them but I am starting to think I should just order a couple more boxes start smoking them.

I bought a box 4 or 5 months ago from cigar czar & was sitting on them but I am starting to think I should just order a couple more boxes start smoking them.

Try one out and tell me that I'm wrong. :2thumbs:

I need a humidor upgrade. My cooler isn't cutting it anymore. I too believe we should just buy 75-100 of a great cigar. It should take a couple years to get through them and at least the last ten will have some age on them.

don't but a cigar because someone else likes it.

Steve, dont you know I've been happily riding on your coat tails for the past 2 years!