Partagas Shorts

frenchkiwi

Ageing Partagas Shorts  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

People are gonna think im crazy. I love all partagas young. An old school style Cuban in your face flavor. I try to smoke as slow as possible. Sometimes the are a little acrid,(just a few puffs) but I fight through it. I also enjoy most Boli's young. The cedar notes on a young D4 are incredible.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had another one of these diminutive and yet well-known cigars last night. To cut a long story, well, short, it was on the fuller side of medium body to start out with, just pure leather. As usual,

One of the finest little cigars out there. Give me this and the Trinidad Reyes and you can keep all the other minutos, perlas, etc. Wilkey

great way to nub it without burning lips & tongue.

• 4 months later...

I have a 50 cab, and I'm not overwhelmed. Ive had the box about a year and have only smoked 4. By the time I finish the box it will be about 5 years, so I will see how they develop ove that time . I would assume most people blow thru the boxes quickly. Not many are aging them.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Super little stick right out of the mailbox. I've smoked thru 5-6 boxes from 08'-13' and all were remarkably consistent. No issues with burn, draw or soft spots. The flavor is wood, spice and earthy tobacco...powerful little 30-40 minute smoke. Great morning sick with a strong cup of Italian roast coffee. At a sub $5 price point, one of, if not, the best value CC's out there IMHO. Sorry, I've never had one survive to reach the 2-3 year threshold....I blow thru them like Grant thru Richmond....

• 3 months later...

I would say fresh, to me a cigar of this size and price point isn't really worth aging for a long period of time. IMHO.

For me it's more the way a cigar tastes from the age than price and size. Party shorts is one I prefer with a bit of age.

• 1 month later...

I bought a 50 cab of PSP's from RAE JUN 15. They are nearly perfect with heavy bloom. They have a heavy, very fresh barnyard smell with some ammonia- the most powerful smell of any box I have currently. After a one month rest I tried my first one and quite frankly, it was tough to finish. Just too over the top with burnt hair and burnt espresso. My palate was slightly off due to coming down with a stomach bug, but I think I'll give it at least until June to revisit. My .02.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a 50 cab of PSP's from RAE JUN 15. They are nearly perfect with heavy bloom. They have a heavy, very fresh barnyard smell with some ammonia- the most powerful smell of any box I have currently. After a one month rest I tried my first one and quite frankly, it was tough to finish. Just too over the top with burnt hair and burnt espresso. My palate was slightly off due to coming down with a stomach bug, but I think I'll give it at least until June to revisit. My .02.

I'm sorry, but the "bloom" on a box from June 2015 can only be mold. Post a picture, please.

I would say fresh, to me a cigar of this size and price point isn't really worth aging for a long period of time. IMHO.

Have you ever aged a cab for 5+ years? Pure heroin.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but the "bloom" on a box from June 2015 can only be mold. Post a picture, please.

I posted photos in the new purchase thread. The box of Party 8-9-8's from TOR Sept 15 had quite a bit of white stuff on there too. You'd have to ask Robs opinion because I'm no expert. Just white dusty stuff.

Realized how off my palate was and this thread made me curious so round two today resulted in a much more enjoyable hour. Still a little bitter and green for my liking, but very easily nubbed. Fantastic urn.

post-28697-0-90883000-1458328889_thumb.j

Realized how off my palate was and this thread made me curious so round two today resulted in a much more enjoyable hour. Still a little bitter and green for my liking, but very easily nubbed. Fantastic urn.

You really killed it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 years might be excessive before diving into these, but I have an AGO 15 box that is simply awful due to youth. They do turn around, but before they do, look out! This cigar definitely seems to go through a sick period.

2 years might be excessive before diving into these, but I have an AGO 15 box that is simply awful due to youth. They do turn around, but before they do, look out! This cigar definitely seems to go through a sick period.

I have the my first box of shorts 50 cab with the same box code. Haven't tried one yet. How long do you plan on waiting?

I have the my first box of shorts 50 cab with the same box code. Haven't tried one yet. How long do you plan on waiting?

I think I put "Revisit: Fall" on my inventory spreadsheet. I almost always try a cigar upon receiving a box, unless I already have one from a similar code open that I'm smoking through.

If I were you, I would try one. Maybe drybox it for a week or so. They have all the hallmarks of an excellent P Short, but the youth was just overpowering. If there is one thing I do know about these, is that they lose their youth rather quickly.

• Like 1

I think I put "Revisit: Fall" on my inventory spreadsheet. I almost always try a cigar upon receiving a box, unless I already have one from a similar code open that I'm smoking through.

If I were you, I would try one. Maybe drybox it for a week or so. They have all the hallmarks of an excellent P Short, but the youth was just overpowering. If there is one thing I do know about these, is that they lose their youth rather quickly.

Great to hear. Thanks for the advice