what was your first CC

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest, I can't remember my first CC. It was probably a RyJ tubos or something. My first, real memorable CC was a PSD4 in the courtyard of the Hotel Nacional, overlooking the Malecon. Awesome.

A lovely CoRo only three months ago started me on my financial decline. :wink2:

I have smoked NCs for over 20 years, but only recently found the light (or the dark, as the case may be). I will never look back...

...and I so enjoy this community that Rob and crew have put together for us! I recently said in another post that I have learned more about cigars on this site in the past three months than I did in the preceding 20 years.

Joe

An R&J Churchills tubo back in 1998. Don't recall much about that cigar. Fast forward through a handful of baby celebration cigars (more R&J)to a few years ago. A great BBF received as a birthday gift and enjoyed at a mountain campground - been all downhill since :wink2:

My first was a Monte #2, of course after that, you've gotta to be hooked to CC's. By the way, I'm also located in SoCal and always trying to find people who liked CC's. Can you email me, maybe we can share some good cc sometimes, or if you know anyone else or groups that share the same interests.

Thanks,

James

• 3 years later...

PLPC.

My palate was very, very new and I really didn't appreciate it at the time if I'm honest. I've smoked three more since then, and have enjoyed the HQ ones especially well. Great smooth/creamy goodness.

My first Cuban was a Monte No. 4. found out about them from the cigar aficionado forums and ordered them elsewhere. I got a GOOD box and smoked the crap out of them.

I ordered a 2nd box and it sucked. Turned me off for awhile.

No more buying blind for me and the I only order through Rob

Monte #4 single, picked up in Dubai in 2008, smoked in Old Town on the riverfront. The cigar wasn't as good as the overall memory/experience, but it was different than the Nicaraguans I had grown accustomed to...more subtle and thought provoking.

After some quick research and a nice little haul from the airport, I was on my way.

In the mid 1990's a guy I was working with found a source in Switzerland and we did a box split of Monte 4's. I got 5 of them. I had not been smoking cigars for long at the time and had little experience, but the thing I remember most was that salty sour twang that I had never tasted in a cigar before. Then I quit smoking entirely for many years and have just found my way back to Habanos in the past year.

RyJ cedros deluxe no 3 in Coconut Grove at Green St Cafe at a random outdoor concert. Gifted to me by a fellow BOTL. (my girlfriends best friends boyfriend). Those things are rolled extremely tight and do not produce much smoke, I've never had one that did.

Had a few from my Uncle which were underwhelming. I remember he had problems sourcing back then so they may not have been authentic. First box I bought were Monte 4's for the birth of my son. Took those on a hunting trip and they flew away faster then the birds.

Mine was a Guantanamera Cristales that had been in a friends tackle box for a few years. In spite of this, I still decided to get into cigars :)