The end of my world

Family dinners rarely run smoothly at my household :cigar:

Sunday night and we were sitting around the dining table tucking into the weekly Sunday night BBQ.

Now as most of you know I have three kids aged 17, 14 and 10. The 17 and 14 year old are on Facebook and my saintly wife after reading about the dangers of Facebook...asked about how to join and become a "Facebook Friend" of Ben and Becky.

....All Chewing stopped as the kids looked at ther mother in dread.

Ben "Mum, it isn't right for your mother to be a Facebook Friend. I love you but it just isn't right"

Becky "Nothing happens on Facebook mum"

Wife: "Well I will just join anyway and you can't do anything about it"

Ben: "You have to send a friend request and get approved"

Wife" You wouldn't approve it?"

Ben " I have to go do homework"

...so the conversation is over with everyone relatively unscathed until Tom .....my sly 10 year old blurts out.

"Dad is a Facebook Friend with both of them" :o:o:o:o

Well you can just imagine the following kerfuffle :o

Wife "So your father can be your FB friend but I cannot!!!!"

Ben "Dad's sort of cool and all my mates like him"

Wife "So what amd I ....chopped Liver!!!"

Ben folds like a pack of cards and drops the following clanger to defray the relentless attack.

.....You should read Dad's Cigar Forum. It makes my Facebook page look like a kindergarden!

Prepare the couch ken :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::cigar::o It must be bad if you're contemplating spending your nights on Ken's couch.

Rob,

You seem to be going to Ken's place often these days . I think the best bet would be to give Ken a break

and maybe get a bachelor's pad,

at least you'll have some comfort. :o

Rob,

You seem to be going to Ken's place often these days . I think the best bet would be to give Ken a break

and maybe get a bachelor's pad,

at least you'll have some comfort. :lol:

Guy.....If my wife ever reads FOH I won't be able to aford a tent let alone a Bachelor pad.

Rob,

You seem to be going to Ken's place often these days .

guy, these days???? good lord, i have the ayala wing at one end of the house. and it is a very comfortable couch.

rob, i should warn you - the possums have been active of late, and given the screaming the other night, i'd say 'engelbert the python' caught one.

guy, these days???? good lord, i have the ayala wing at one end of the house. and it is a very comfortable couch.

Thank you ken for the update on the situation, It's just that

I get tears when I read stories on how some become homeless with no hope for

the future, not even a tent,( :lol: sniff, snifff )

Beautiful!!

Not only are the chickens coming home to roost with the wifey, but with your stringent tobacco / minor laws,

you should also be getting popped by social services for allowing a minor to read a cigar forum......

Brilliant! :lol:

Beautiful!!

Not only are the chickens coming home to roost with the wifey, but with your stringent tobacco / minor laws,

you should also be getting popped by social services for allowing a minor to read a cigar forum......

Brilliant! :lol:

reading a cigar forum? this is a man who paraded starkers in front of his 12 year daughter and her friends (granted it might have been inadvertent, and fortunately a winter's night).

and how many trips to hospital with the kids were needed when disaster struck while he was off drinking or smoking?

i think reading a cigar forum will be the least of his problems when child services start breaking down the walls. mind you, if the result of that might be him on my couch, i won't be dobbing.

reading a cigar forum? this is a man who paraded starkers in front of his 12 year daughter and her friends (granted it might have been inadvertent, and fortunately a winter's night).

and how many trips to hospital with the kids were needed when disaster struck while he was off drinking or smoking?

i think reading a cigar forum will be the least of his problems when child services start breaking down the walls. mind you, if the result of that might be him on my couch, i won't be dobbing.

I always figured the hospital trips were on his watch. And how he didn't get a visit after terrorizing same daughter - taking her for a ride on his moped, cigar in one hand, glass of wine

in the other........ and crashing with her on the back,,,,,,,,,,,

That whole conversation souds so familiar. I have twin teenage daughters and their simple solution was to create two facebook profiles. One for mum and dad (all clean and proper) and one for everyone else. Of course this only works until dad finds out about the alternative facebook profile.

I agree with Ben -- kindergarden is probably an apt analogy for much of what goes on here. Now, I didn't start smoking, playing cards, and gambling until I was in the fifth grade, but kids are faster these days. And how fitting of you to have used such a metaphor to describe how your kid dropped a dime on your website, too. All in all though, I love sleeping on the couch, even when I'm not in trouble.

.....You should read Dad's Cigar Forum. It makes my Facebook page look like a kindergarden!

In light of what should be a newfound interest in wifey-pooh reading the forum, you are doubly brave for recounting these events in this thread. Good for you. Double down on your bravery!

Good Luck with that one!

Rob,

You have my complete sympathy and commiseration. We have three kids, 17, 15, and 14. Between the cellphone wars and "she said WHAT on facebook" dray-mahs, it's a never ending circus.

Frankly, I envy you Ken's couch, even considering the python! Python-shmython! It's the teenagers are terrifying! ;)

Rob, I think I made everything better for you with my open letter to your spouse post.

Ken, I know you love Rob's company, but you should be able to send him home now. I made a case for it's all other people's fault.

thought youwouldnt have to worry about your wife, your nanny state would have filtered out this forum by now with its Australian Big Brother (or Sister) Family Friendly Filter ??

Tobacco - Censored

Alcohol - Censored

Swearing and Chauvinism - Censored

Ken's mini-shorts - Censored

Grubby Old Men fantasising about one or all of the above on camera - BLACKLISTED.