• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCDLH La Fuerza, 25-box in a very nicely decorated packaging (Feb 2009, OPM):

post-6965-0-52932400-1321388847.jpg

post-6965-0-12507100-1321388878.jpg

post-6965-0-92144100-1321388891.jpg

post-6965-0-82474100-1321388905.jpg

As a side note, I think that some of the most unique packaging and design schemes, but yet underappreciated / under-acknowledged, are from SCDLH and Ramon Allones. Some neat stuff there in their packaging designs and artwork, if you take a good close look. Very attractive in their difference-ness from the other brands' offerings

Nice stuff. Love the PL Robusto, just wish they were a regular production cigar as the price is certainly in RE territory for a cigar that shouldn't be an RE. Thats an interesting star in the date of the Lusi box. I have never seen that before.

Yeah, true. Didn't really notice that. Maybe Cuba's finally getting with the times, and getting some updated supplies and equipment. Then again....probably nope!

That's about the end of these updates for right now. Still waiting on a few boxes, and need to get a few more pictures done of some other stuff (some unique singles and whatnot acquired in the past few months). But other than that, that's about it for the moment.

Once other stuff is in hand, should be about another 1/2 dozen boxes to take pics of.

In the meantime, here's my overjoyed wife (noticably preggers now, at 7 months), showing me what she thinks of me taking pictures of all these stupid inanimate things, while she was trying to study for a nursing continuing-education mid-term exam.....

post-6965-0-20314300-1321392802.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I had someone e-mail me the other night, asking about any updates to this. Sorry, but I don't really do that anymore. There are so many anti-tobacco and anti-international-commerce spies out there, that I don't need to give them any help.

I considered deleting this thread and these pictures altogether, to try to "minimize my footprint", but I figured this thread is already out there and broadcast, so why try and cover up the past. A number of these boxes here are well dipped into by now, some are taking a long-term storage nap. But I haven't really done any updates, and none of my purchases from the past year are on here - why put every/most every individual box purchase up here for the world to see? I've come to realize it as both a slight braggard attitude, as well as a giant neon sign drawing attention.

I'll only really update this with some occasional goodies, from special finds or unique grabs from Cuba trips.

So, until the occasional further updates, cheers.

...There are so many anti-tobacco and anti-international-commerce spies out there, that I don't need to give them any help.

Very true, me neither. But, at the same time those people have succeeded to make us hobbyists quite quiet.

...I've come to realize it as both a slight braggard attitude, as well as a giant neon sign drawing attention...

For a hobbyist receiving a new box, taking a picture, sharing one's great moments with other hobbyists - braggart attitude, drawing attention? I wouldn't say so. If yes, then writing a review, talking about trips to Cuba, telling what I've smoked today and everything else would similarly be a sign of "unpolite behaviour", wouldn't it? If a hobbyist is unable to tell one's moments around the hobby to other hobbyists then why there are any kinds of forums at all?

Not commenting your choice, CanuckSARTech, respecting it instead. Just trying to zoom those explanations which kind of feelings I have also noticed to be existent with some other hobbyists. (I hope you understand what I am trying to explain.)