CanuckSARTech's Cuban Collection

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, those are my additions for the last two months or so. Don't know why it took me so long to finally take and post pictures of them - Christmas must've got in the way. :D

I'll no doubt have more to add once I return from my Cuba trip in another month or so. I should be able to get some good wares down there - will be looking to add some jars of the LGC RE for Cuba, as well as some other goodies (maybe some Behikes, if I can find them and decide to buy into the hype for those).

Hope these updates will tide over the hungry mob for now. More updates will be forthcoming sooner rather than later, I hope. ;)

Wow. :thumbsdwn: That collection keeps getting bigger Keith. At this rate you're going to have to get a bigger humidor...or ship some boxes over my way for "safe keeping". :thumbsdwn:

Between the cabinet and the cooler, I still have plenty of room. The cabinet is chock full, but the cooler only has about 1/2 dozen boxes in it or so - room for about 3 dozen more....LOTS more room for further Cuba-trip and LFTH buys!!!!! :thumbsdwn::angry:

Good stuff there. Thanks for the pictures & updates. I see you dipped into your Monte 2's. How are they, do they follow the video review? I have some incoming so I'm interested to hear your take on them. Thanks :thumbsdwn:

These new Monte's have been great - I'm loving both the 4's and the 2's that I got from Czar's. There's a very present difference with the HQ's I've got, compared to the PSP stuff (at least for the 4's, that's for sure), and both are head & shoulders above anything I've had before relatively with the Monte 4's and 2's. But top notch stuff - right along the video review notes, I'd say.

Very omnipresent creamy coffee, with some unsweetened cocoa along the fringes, hits of almost a clove-like spicey sweetness, some sugarbread cookie essences in there (vanilla, flour, sugar).

Beautiful stuff - if you don't like yours, depending on the date code and specifics, let me know and I'd easily take them off of your hands!!! :thumbsdwn::thumbsdwn:

Since Bart's, MKZ's, and Piggy's threads have inspired me, I figured I'd start a thread to display by Cuban beauties stashed away in my decently sized cabinet humidor. I had started a thread previously to show off the humidor itself in the "Humidor Tutorial" section of the Forum:

CanuckSARTech's Custom Humidor Cabinet

So, I've got pictures in there of the cabinet itself. But, I figured I'd start a separate thread in the Photo Gallery section to show off the wares.

What I'll do, I'll try to put only a few pictures per post, maybe of two different varieties/boxes, that way it maybe helps with the downloading/viewing of the thread. I'll put most of the pictures of my beauties in here, save for a few duplicate boxes that I have stashed away in a coolerdor for more long-term aging (rather than current consumption) of the same stuff.

And as time goes on, and I add more sexiness to the cabinet (just processed my first Cigar Czar order with Lisa this weekend - thanks darling, make sure Rob gives you that raise!), I'll add pictures of further additions.

Sorry for some slightly grainy or out-of-focus pictures - my wife's digital camera is so-so, and the lighting conditions in our basement family room are not the greatest for taking close-up detailed pictures of cigar boxes!

Hope you enjoy my thread.

Cheers!

That is a great story you have there. I a mTom also from Ontario Canada clsoe to my 3rd humidor now. I have not seen many Canadians on this forum other than you so far. Where in ONtario are you from. I live in Toronto and was thinking about ordering some cigars from the Cigar Czar wich I just learned is the shop associated with this forum. Any way Happy New year to you. Hope you celebrated with a great smoke.

That is a great story you have there. I a mTom also from Ontario Canada clsoe to my 3rd humidor now. I have not seen many Canadians on this forum other than you so far. Where in ONtario are you from. I live in Toronto and was thinking about ordering some cigars from the Cigar Czar wich I just learned is the shop associated with this forum. Any way Happy New year to you. Hope you celebrated with a great smoke.

Thanks Tom. PM sent. Lots of us Canadians on here! We're invading! :o:P;)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so I recently went to Cuba (January 22nd to 29th), and I was able to stock up a bit to bring some stuff home. I only had a chance to hit up things in Varadero, so between the Caracol store at the hotel (where I only bought a couple of singles and bottles of rum), and then the LCDH at Calle 62 in Varadero, my options were somewhat limited. Box selection was actually a bit lacking - they were having a major issue with overhumidification for a couple of weeks apparently, and there was a lot of oversaturated and even moldy stock.

So, I had a bit of a trying time to not only find stuff that I liked and wanted, but stuff that actually looked good, and was of decent quality (besides the overhumidification, a lot of stuff, like most of the Montecristo stuff that was in there, just looked blase and bleh). More on this later - I plan on doing a better little write-up on my trip and the cigars I enjoyed, in another thread in the "watering hole".

But, for now, here are some great, recent additions....

Hope you enjoy. Cheers....

Nice! I have a couple of these as well. Probably a good 3 - 4+ hours smoke IMO. :drool:

Oh, no doubt Frank - I'd wager 3 hours at least, without overdoing it.

Something for a long, hot, lazy summer day, when I'm lounging in the backyard all by myself, with no one or nothing to bother me, a day at home alone, without the Mrs. or the Mini-Me (love you dear, please don't kill me in my sleep :o ).

Some custom rolled robustos and piramides, of which I picked up a couple of each, from a custom roller that they had guesting at the LCDH at Calle 62 on that Monday (stupid me, didn't think to get the fellow's name). They smoke very well, and are very reminiscent of a bold Partagas/Bolivar-type blend:

post-6965-1297288235.jpg