Phobias.....I have a few.

I hate any and all snakes. spiders aren't too bad unless they are on or very close to me. I thought you had a ton of snakes/spiders in australia and that everyone was a tough guy :covermouth: glad to know we aren't too pussified here in america

and like a lot of other people say, somewhat claustrophobic. tight spaces are ok until I start be or feel confined/held

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rob
and clowns. i really really do not like clowns. never have. never found them funny. bloody evil things.

... and yet you have no problem wearing clown pants.

Lisa loves cats. Personally I am allergic to them so not a fan ever since my mother brought home two kittens for Christmas when I was eight. In hospital 20 minutes later when neigbour noticed I could not breathe.

I always thought it a little too convenient. Thank God the neighbour was there :D

Why do you think I pat the cats before I come to work... after 7 years you are still here :P

Spiders mate, Spiders! That's why I can never visit Ken at his house, sorry mate nothing personal I promise.

elie,

i have a few webs (yes, i know that they come from spiders). never see the little fellows. and never ever see bigger ones (fat happy snakes perhaps).

Flying, a bit of claustrophobia, and these:

ucky-ucky-ucky1.jpg

what is that? an american version of a centipede? you guys have it easy. apparently we have about 130 different centipedes here (but no one worries about them because they are a bit wussy compared to the other things that crawl around.

post-9-1273016132.jpg

I fear running out of money. My lavish lifestyle would come to a halt and I'd have to sell everything. That is why I fear the US Government they are the most likely cause of the aformentioned.

The only snake I fear is the one withpoisopn fangs in me

Cockraoches only bother me when they are on my back on the inside of my shirt

Spiders are ok except the one with the red hour glass shape on the stomach

I have some of those ygly bugs with a bunch of legs in the basement but they do not scare me

Eels are nasty and I will not eat one.

I am not afraid of heights cause I don't go up rock faces, I ain't no damn goat.

A pissed off wife scares the **** outta me.

The words I'm late are damn scary

I have an infection do you? Are words to fear.LOL

:D As above

and flying - well not flying per se but landing - couple of bad experiences but it's OK now - no point worrying about something you have no control over (save for not flying - which in Australia is not an option) and chances are if it goes badly it will be quick

Spiders, roaches, things that fly and sting, most all other insects, failing, dying, driving on highway interchanges that soar into the air, unfriendly dogs, the wife's rages, the unknown, thats pretty much it. Im obsessive about way too many things to list, lol.

at one stage (and thinking about it freaks me out now), we had to edge through a slit in rocks on our bellies. it was so narrow that i had to angle my feet - they would not fit unless they were angled, which gives you an idea of what a tight squeeze it was for the rest of the body. yet it never bothered me in the least (but now? surely not?). bizarre.

I feel a little weird when I think back to one of the things I did when caving - there were two ways into the next chamber, an opening you could walk through, or a boulder you could crawl under (~3m long) by lying on your back with your arms at your sides, tilting your head to one side (gap between the boulder and floor smaller than the helmet) and shuffling yourself forwards and backwards with your hands and feet as you tried to find the way to the other side. As I sit here, it doesn't sound like something I'd be too keen on doing again, but I guess when you're in the moment, with adrenaline pumping through you, risk taking just seems like a lot more fun?

Spiders.

Absolutely scare the **** out of me.

A couple of years ago, on christmas day, we had a large huntsman spider in the garage that chilled me to the core.... later that afternoon we has a 6 foot brown snake in the garden and it didn't raise my heartbeat more than 2 or 3 beats - and that includes when I had to remove it and take it back to the nature reserve.

Yeah, Spiders have always been a problem for me, although I've been getting better about 'em of late. Of course, if we had Huntsman spiders and Redback spiders running around here in California like they do in Australia, I'd be a freaking wreck.

The government taking liberties away, and getting buried alive. Although speaking metaphorically they are one in the same.

I have two ones I can really think of. Though the first is one i'm just very worried about, not irrationally afraid of.

That would be my constant fear I am going to leave my store one day and return the next morning to find out I had A) absent mindedly not locked the door or :huh: left the key in the lock and slowly pushing the door open to see all my stock and my til/computer missing from the store.

This was relieved just the otehr day when I discovered there is a security guard who comes and checks the doors are all locked about 30 mins after I normally close up the store.

My real phobia:

The wizard of OZ, Charlie and the Chocolate factory, Alice in Wonderland and the disney version of the Sword in the Stone.

These four movies absolutely TERRIFY me! I have no idea why ( i think it may be the 'little people' in the first three) but I can't handle them at all.

I once walked out of a hospital waiting room with my head bleeding because a kid in there was watching Alice in Wonderland on a portable dvd player. Just the sounds of it scared me out of the room.

Yeah, Spiders have always been a problem for me, although I've been getting better about 'em of late. Of course, if we had Huntsman spiders and Redback spiders running around here in California like they do in Australia, I'd be a freaking wreck.

huntsman spiders are basically harmless. when at uni, i used to have one i called jimmy connors. sadly, it snuck into the shower once and i didn't se it. hot water and spiders don't mix. redbacks are a bit nasty but there are so many geckos around now that their population has plummeted.

the funnel webs down south are the nasty nasty ones.

My real phobia:

The wizard of OZ, Charlie and the Chocolate factory, Alice in Wonderland and the disney version of the Sword in the Stone.

These four movies absolutely TERRIFY me! I have no idea why ( i think it may be the 'little people' in the first three) but I can't handle them at all.

I once walked out of a hospital waiting room with my head bleeding because a kid in there was watching Alice in Wonderland on a portable dvd player. Just the sounds of it scared me out of the room.

I agree, some of those 'kids' movies are twisted. way too many drugs taken by the creators...!

Spiders.

Absolutely scare the **** out of me.

A couple of years ago, on christmas day, we had a large huntsman spider in the garage that chilled me to the core.... later that afternoon we has a 6 foot brown snake in the garden and it didn't raise my heartbeat more than 2 or 3 beats - and that includes when I had to remove it and take it back to the nature reserve.

I'm with you Rob! I can't stand the damn things and the family knows not to joke with me about a spider being around. Those things might kill you with one bite and you never it knew it was around. Sneaky little bastards!

My real phobia:

Yes, see.... Your root fear is MIDGETS like mine. :D

Also.. Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate factory. He's very creepy. :rotfl: