Phobias.....I have a few.

I have been thinking long and hard to come up with a phobia.

What am I truly afraid of.

I've been in fights.

I live in a bushy area so things like snakes don't bother me. I often have to catch them and relocate them.

Spiders don't bother me.

I have come to realize that there is one thing that strikes fear in me.

There is one thing that stops me in my tracks and makes me spin around and flee.

It's the four word sentence.

I just about fill my pants when I hear the four word sentence.

there are a couple of them actually.

it usually starts with my name and then , the four word sentence.

Warren

We need to talk. :2thumbs:

Warren

What is this transaction. :D

I have to go now and sit on the toilet for a while. ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you have a Jesus phobia.

Whether my condition qualifies as a phobia or an obsession, is probably open for discussion.

I sometimes wish I had some of Jesus' powers.

Being trapped on a narrow mountain pass with two poisonous snakes blocking my way, joined by a loud Tory Brit as your sole companion.

Oh wait. That happened already. Quite the experience. No offense to my limey brothers, but loud guys in short shorts are really f-ing scary.

I get creeped out inside highly-institutional buildings that are short on windows. I am not a lab rat! (yeah right)

Tonot been able to ski/climb and just be out in nature...

otherwise, rock falls, avalanches, failing equipment, running out of courage, running out of climbing buddies, religious right wing who dont understand that you cant read the bible word by word, ignorant people, people who want to impose power over other people, dictatorships, greed, uneducated people... the list can be made really long.

for the people who dont like heights, well as a climber and a mountaineer, I am not that afraid of heights, I am more afraid of landing :2thumbs:

I dont have any "exeptional" photos here at the office, so just some random once for you who dont like heights :D

(its me taking the photos)

around 2500 meters to the bottom

P8240093.JPG

a via ferrata, we are 1500 meters up, i dont have a shoot looking down here

P8100043.JPG

I will post some from el cap where I am hanging with a 2000 meter drop of underneath me, like this

Img0016.jpg

I'm a bit of a germ-aphobe. Elevator buttons, escalator banisters, door knobs, etc. And forget about public restrooms - first thing I grab if I MUST use one is a paper towel.

If the majority of people I see leaving public restrooms actually washed their hands prior to exiting, it would likely help my "phobia". sick bastards.

I'm a bit of a germ-aphobe. Elevator buttons, escalator banisters, door knobs, etc. And forget about public restrooms - first thing I grab if I MUST use one is a paper towel.

If the majority of people I see leaving public restrooms actually washed their hands prior to exiting, it would likely help my "phobia". sick bastards.

I am kinda like you with public restroomd only that I intentionally do not wash my hands in the restroom after I use it. I feel like it is too nasty to even try to clean your hands in most. When I walk in, I grab several paper towels without touching the dispenser, go do my business (won't do anything but urinate unless it is a life/death situation), flush with a paper towel over hand, walk out and grab the door with a paper towel, then use sanitizer on hands once outside and wash when i get home.

If I have to actually sit down, I will find the nearest, nicest hotel and walk in just like I am staying there. Nice hotels always have the cleanest bathrooms slightly hidden somewhere in their lobby area.

Needles. If you can give me a pill instead, Doc, why don't you? I'll be happy to wait the extra 30-minutes for it to take effect.

Oh, that, and people coughing all over me. If you're that sick, stay home!

Walking barefoot in grass I can not do

Borne out of stepping on dog crap in a park when living in Hawaii as a kid. In Hawaii, locals wore slippahs or nothing at all. Anyway, the crap was hot, fresh, steaming, mashed potato consistency and smelled like **** obviously! Got in between my toes and everything. Hopped across the park and washed it off in the bathroom. AAAAGGGHHHH!!!

Damn do I hate EELS .

I guess it started while fishing as a child. When catfishing you're bound to catch an eel or two.

They are just slimy and nasty.

Then again they do taste good and I have eaten them on occasion.

I've no true irrational fears that I know of - I guess the closest thing would be locking myself out of my house or locking my keys in my car.

I always triple check to make sure I have my keys on my person.

I have one phobia...Government. Okay...maybe two. The other would be a Mexican jail in Tijuana...spent a weekend there once. Never again.

I've no true irrational fears that I know of - I guess the closest thing would be locking myself out of my house or locking my keys in my car.

I always triple check to make sure I have my keys on my person.

Thats just a slight case of OCD. I do the same thing.

Manual labor scares the **** out of me... sure I can and will do it every now and then, but the idea of doing it everyday makes me ill.

it was so narrow that i had to angle my feet - they would not fit unless they were angled, which gives you an idea of what a tight squeeze it was for the rest of the body.

So in other words, you've feet the size of elephant seal flippers?

Thats just a slight case of OCD. I do the same thing.

Maybe I should go see a Dr. :covermouth:

Like David Bowie, I'm afraid of Americans...more specifically travelling to/from the US. CNN and the rest of the media has Homeland Security wound-up so tight they could turn coal to diamond; not everyone has to be treated like a terrorist, and trust me, I don't plan on staying any longer than the duration of my vacation. These guys are just itchin' for confrontation...

I have one phobia...Government. Okay...maybe two. The other would be a Mexican jail in Tijuana...spent a weekend there once. Never again.

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be someone's seniorita... at least you know Homeland Security is gonna use a glove! :covermouth:

I fear running out of money. My lavish lifestyle would come to a halt and I'd have to sell everything. That is why I fear the US Government they are the most likely cause of the aformentioned.

The only snake I fear is the one withpoisopn fangs in me

Cockraoches only bother me when they are on my back on the inside of my shirt

Spiders are ok except the one with the red hour glass shape on the stomach

I have some of those ygly bugs with a bunch of legs in the basement but they do not scare me

Eels are nasty and I will not eat one.

I am not afraid of heights cause I don't go up rock faces, I ain't no damn goat.

A pissed off wife scares the **** outta me.

The words I'm late are damn scary

I have an infection do you? Are words to fear.LOL

My phobia is getting a gosh darn airmail package that is ripped open and empty with a little note inside...yuck!