Phobias.....I have a few.

I know Ken is afraid of soap and brooms, and Smithy afraid of commitment. Lisa is afraid of mushrooms and lamb :2thumbs:, and Diana shrieks when she sees an insect. Not sure about new lad Kurt but I suspect he is afraid of normal shoes. Simon had the same Phobia indulging continually in "San Fran" *** bar deckies.

While no animal bugs me I have an acute sense of claustrophobia (certainly can make long haul travel interesting on occasion).

What about FOH'ers? Any phobia's or Idiosyncrasies?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rob

Spiders.

Absolutely scare the **** out of me.

A couple of years ago, on christmas day, we had a large huntsman spider in the garage that chilled me to the core.... later that afternoon we has a 6 foot brown snake in the garden and it didn't raise my heartbeat more than 2 or 3 beats - and that includes when I had to remove it and take it back to the nature reserve.

What is the point of cats? Hate them, actually. Should I just leave the forum now?....

Lisa loves cats. Personally I am allergic to them so not a fan ever since my mother brought home two kittens for Christmas when I was eight. In hospital 20 minutes later when neigbour noticed I could not breathe.

I always thought it a little too convenient. Thank God the neighbour was there :2thumbs:

What is the point of cats? Hate them, actually. Should I just leave the forum now?....

Well you've just lost any semblance of respect that Lisa may have had for you.

I have heard cats described as an attractive infestation.

Lisa loves cats. Personally I am allergic to them so not a fan ever since my mother brought home two kittens for Christmas when I was eight. In hospital 20 minutes later when neigbour noticed I could not breathe.

I always thought it a little too convenient. Thank God the neighbour was there :2thumbs:

And yet you love p...........oh never mind.

Kind of a weird one, but having my head trapped in something, while the rest of my body is free freaks me out. Say if you were caving, and got stuck under a rock or in a crevice or something, I would be happier with my whole body in there, rather than just my head.

Kind of a weird one, but having my head trapped in something, while the rest of my body is free freaks me out. Say if you were caving, and got stuck under a rock or in a crevice or something, I would be happier with my whole body in there, rather than just my head.

So you're not a hat wearer then?

I take it you have been to prison....... :2thumbs:

So you're not a hat wearer then?

No. Well at least not yet. Judging from older family members, the chances of retaining a decent amount of my hair into middle age look slim at best, so hats might look a more attractive option later in life.

I take it you have been to prison....... :2thumbs:

:D Thankfully no. Have you ever fully recovered from ill fated trip to the bath house across the road? ;)

It's Midgets for me (Seriously!) no offense if any are on the forum, but for some reason they have always made me feel...strange. :2thumbs:

This one time, I was at the supermarket check out and I was half asleep, at the express isle. All of a sudden, my items are getting scanned, I look over and see these stubby little fingers grabbing my items and I subconsciously gathered my items and moved on over to the next checkout. :D

That is completely not me and on reflection, when I looked back at the midget check out woman, she looked shocked and I truly felt like s**t. BUT, it is something, I can not control. ;)

;):D Did i mentioned i am vertically challenged :2thumbs:

Sorry Lisa...lets try and be civil and we can get through this...I share the allergy thing as well as once having an infestation of wild moggies at the end of our garden when i was about 8...they shat on my bike for christ sake, never touched the thing since...off now to my therapist

Seriously my biggest phobia nowadays is not being able to afford cubans anymore :2thumbs:

strange thing about all that - i never thought i had a problem with heights until i went rock climbing. scared the crap out of me. so one then tends to cling to one's cliff face like grim death and things just get worse. you get too scared to climb but if you don't then you are stuffed. used to do quite a lot of climbing but never got easier. abseiling? thought i would struggle but for some reason, jumping off a cliff was a lot easier for me than climbing one.

caving? thought i would be beyond useless. and as i sit here now, i still think i would never be able to do it (yes, i also get claustrophobia). yet when i did (and one of the group i was with at the time was a former hell's angel and he point blank refused - turned to jelly), easiest thing i've ever done. the forst time we had to head straight down a hole, about 100 foot, and so were all roped up. for reasons i've never understood, i got half way, undid all the ropes and sat on a ledge and contemplated the world for a while. the only explanation i can think of is that as it was so dark, i could not see the bottom so no probs with the heights????

then we had to crawl around in the caves. at one stage (and thinking about it freaks me out now), we had to edge through a slit in rocks on our bellies. it was so narrow that i had to angle my feet - they would not fit unless they were angled, which gives you an idea of what a tight squeeze it was for the rest of the body. yet it never bothered me in the least (but now? surely not?). bizarre.

and mika, you have surely signed a one-way ticket to hell.

I remember attending a wedding once. The organisers ran out of food and drink......

After this peculiar experience, my largest fear is not having enough food, enough wine, enough whisky, enough cigars whenever inviting friends or hosting official functions. The result is of course left-overs, and several lifetimes worth of bottles and cigars...

I'm not scared of Heights per say. I think heights are great. :D

I'm just scared of falling from them. :2thumbs:

And while I'm not scared of it - I'm not comfortable with air travel. Man wasn't meant to fly - we would have had wings if we were. We'd stick to ships at sea if it were up to me.

I remember attending a wedding once. The organisers ran out of food and drink......

After this peculiar experience, my largest fear is not having enough food, enough wine, enough whisky, enough cigars whenever inviting friends or hosting official functions. The result is of course left-overs, and several lifetimes worth of bottles and cigars...

So you have a Jesus phobia.